Director Software Engineering
Posted: April 15, 2017
Reference ID: 111565629
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. We have a great suite of offerings that empower merchants including CyberSource and Authorize.Net integrated commerce products.
Together, we are building leading edge full-service Payment Management solutions combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We are looking for an innovative and passionate Director, Software Engineering to lead the Risk Solutions development team.
As a Director in the Risk Solutions team, you will champion, define and drive the development of creative solutions to enhance our fraud products and contribute to the world's largest fraud radar. You will be closely working with the business groups to collaborate on requirements and influence product roadmaps. Leading highly efficient Agile development teams to build secure, scalable and reliable Java applications in a continuous integration development model and fostering collaboration will be part of your DNA. You will have end-end ownership of your applications and will be involved in all stages of our secure SDLC . You will be influential in mentoring and growing your team both technically and professionally and initiate process and efficiency improvements.
• Manage 1 - 2 scrum teams
• Lead the team to design and deliver highly available, secure, scalable and performant solutions
• Ensure that projects are delivered end-end on time and with high code quality providing technical and tactical guidance
• Work with Business and Technical Product owners to ensure that we build the right solution for our merchants
• Handle routine activities such as logistics, coordination, coaching, mentoring, recruiting, planning, delivery, quality, vendor relationships, performance metrics, operations, efficiency and other aspects of software development
• Work with the architecture team to identify appropriate technologies, solutions and designs that will best prepare the company to meet future business objectives
• Cultivate a culture of innovation and collaboration in the team
• Work with multiple cross functional teams some of which are geographically dispersed to deliver on Risk Solutions and org-wide initiatives.
• Bachelor degree in computer science/computer engineering. MS or other related advanced degree preferred
• 12+ years of experience, at least 5 years of which were in leading application development teams
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with building highly scalable, secure Java applications.
• Proven experience in architecting and delivering global, large-scale applications; overseeing architecture, development and integration; and aligning complex business problems to appropriate technology solutions
• High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs; project and program management
• Extensive technical experience with developing applications on Java, Java EE, JSON, REST
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration, Continuous deployment & Code quality processes and technologies such as GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar, Crucible etc.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience working with Agile/SCRUM teams
• Ability to drive change and inspire teams, leading by example
• Collaborative thought partner and business leader, skilled at establishing formal and informal networks within the company
• Experience in working with agile lifecycle and /or tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
• Experience with modern Big Data solutions and Container technology such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Docker is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.