Director, Software Engineering
At Capital One, we are transforming everything we do as a technology company that’s also a digital bank. We are aggressively shifting our business model from that of a traditional bank to a mobile first business model. Most industries selling fundamentally informational products have been deeply disrupted by digital technology. Banking is ripe for this same disruption. Due to the regulatory environment, this disruption is more likely from within. Capital One is a founder led company with a history as a challenger brand and disrupter in the Financial Services Industry. If disruption is going to occur, we are the ones that are going to do it.
We are looking for a Director, Software Engineering for our Home Loans Servicing Technology, Core Platforms group to help lead this disruption from an engineering perspective. You will lead software engineering as well as manage a key vendor for our core Servicing platform as we drive to disrupt the industry with leading edge digital applications that delight our associates and customers. In this capacity, you will be responsible for leading, managing, mentoring, and evolving an extremely talented software engineering team to deliver a game changing internal customer experience across multiple touch points. You must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry's best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that we build compelling, customer oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. You bring an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering new software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading software solutions. If you are a true technologist at heart with the ability and business acumen to partner with business clients in a way that inspires them to challenge the status quo and want to provide an inspiring and compelling working environment that allows your engineering team to push the digital boundaries within the Financial Services industry, check off the boxes below and read on!
- Technologist: Strong engineering and technology background with the ability to go deep into technology solutions.
- Motivated: Must have deep technical credibility with engineering organizations, and ability to recruit top engineers.
- Passionate: Bring energy and enthusiasm to the job and organization.
- Entrepreneurial: Flexible, resourceful, figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality.
- Communication: Excellent listener; proven collaborator with superiors, peers and staff.
- Achiever: Consistently attain/exceed individual and team goals.
- Curious: Hands-on, "roll up your sleeves" collaborative style of working.
- Bold: History of taking smart risks and aggressively leading through change.
- Detailed: Ability to manage financial responsibilities associated with the ownership of a large delivery team.
- Manage software engineering teams to deliver technology solutions in support of business strategy and growth.
- Manage a broad portfolio of diverse technology projects to provide web, mobile, and integration solutions.
- Master the complex knowledge domain of Home Loans Servicing and drive our core platform strategy with our key vendor, as well as build a detailed roadmap for the future.
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent.
- Lead with technical expertise in the development of core systems.
- Evolve an agile delivery model that builds on a very collaborative, open and rapid interaction between intent providers and technology execution.
- Work with senior level stakeholders in the business to identify and define the next opportunities and drive a game changing strategy driven by technology.
- Propose technology solutions that link personal customer interactions with an incredible online / digital experience during home buying and servicing processes
-Bachelors Degree or military experience.
- At least 5 years experience with Java Development.
- At least 5 years experience in developing web applications.
- At least 5 years leading software engineering teams
- At least 3 years demonstrated experience of the technology spectrum to include mainframe based applications, SAAS, networking and public cloud.
- At least 3 years demonstrated experience in technology governance to include risk management and security.
- 2+ years experience in agile development methodologies.
- 5+ years experience developing mobile software solutions.
- 5+ years experience with financial services systems
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.