Director Software Engineering
Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you build applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about them? Do you appreciate elegant solutions but also know when to build simple first and iterate?
We are looking for a leader for our Innovation Lab in New York City to support our Commercial Bank and to fuel the business with most compelling, high value products using cutting edge technologies. As the Director of this team, you will be part of lean start-up like technology group and you will report directly to the Vice President of Innovation and Architecture.
What you will need to bring for this position:
- Experience leading a team in the development and rapid delivery of next-generation digital products and prototypes
- A history of embracing and incubating emerging technology and open source products
- Ability to collaborate with various partners in the tech, startup and academic ecosystems
- The ability to seed and extend innovation into the greater organization to develop key talent, consistent with that of a leading technology company
- Exceptional management ability: Manage software engineering team to deliver technology prototypes in support of business assessment.
- Technical Leadership: the ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality software solutions
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent.
- Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving
- Ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Great attitude, team player and energy amplifier. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and technologies
- Insatiable hunger to learn and code on new technologies
- Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in ways such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers
- Understanding of ways to lead a team developing in an Agile environment
- Provide technical leadership to a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with architects, other teams, product owners, and software engineers to drive implementation of new applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- A robust portfolio of shipped code on GitHub or other open Source contributions and experience with distributed/scalable systems a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience leading software engineering teams
- 12+ years of relevant development experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- At least 7 years’ experience in developing web applications, architectural standards and SOA technologies..
- Proven ability to recruit, retain, and mentor senior Software Engineering talent.
- Master’s Degree
- Leadership experience in a Fortune 500 company