1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Software Engineering
The best leaders don't just motivate, they inspire. That’s how we reach our goals and why we reward extraordinary results. Sound like you?
Then consider Capital One, a financial services leader and FORTUNE 200 company, where you'll find an environment that values your abilities and rewards results that drive business success.
If you have a passion for helping others learn and build next-generation skills by creating amazing learning experiences, you may be a fit for our team. We are looking for a Dean of Mobile Engineering responsible for analyzing, designing, and developing highly engaging learning solutions that will fuel our growth as a Tech company and help our associates develop cutting-edge Tech skills. As a member of this team, you will work in an agile environment and opportunity to build technical training curricula from the ground-up.
- Technical expert in mobile development area on iOS and/or Android; ensures that we have the right content through the right delivery channels at the right time
- Assess emerging needs
- Assess future demand across Tech for current and emerging needs in the mobile development area; strategic direction for discipline
- Curating content
- Assess & revise products/content from suppliers
- Manage relationships with and Liaison to LOB tech leaders to understand strategy, evaluate learner feedback, provide learning loop back into the curriculum in order to evolve and shape curriculum
- Advise on learning personas / learning paths
- Identify budget impact/needs based on discipline learning strategy
- Develop SME network for discipline (i.e. who is available as a SME, who can teach courses, who can you connect learners with for peer to peer learning)
- Provides opportunities for SMEs to grow/develop, be recognized; provides motivation to SMEs for participation
- Create targeting training strategy for associates
- Manage technology curriculum
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent
- Passion for mobile technologies and remaining aware of trends and opportunities for curriculum
- Strong engineering and technology background
- Ability to go deep into the technology and build experience based training material with relevant projects and exercises
- Must have deep technical credibility within the engineering organization, and ability to recruit top engineer
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years experience developing/managing software solutions to any enterprise products
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 2 years as contributor to Open Source projects
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.