Director, Software Engineering
Capital One is seeking a Director of Software Engineering to lead, manage, mentor, and build an extremely talented software engineering team to deliver a game changing customer experience across all customer touch points. He/she must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry's best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that what we build compelling, customer oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering new consumer-facing software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading software for millions of customers.
- Manage a broad portfolio of diverse technology projects, initiatives and innovation
- Help Define the vision for technical enablement that helps fuel our CRM, Case Management and Fraud Operations development teams
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent.
- Manage technology support teams to develop business applications, or ensure business applications have high availability and adequate performance, to include demonstrating year-over-year performance improvement.
- Collaborate, Support and partner with multiple business and technology teams
- Display the ability and passion to “go deep” into the technology
- Establish and maintain technical credibility within your engineering organization
- Embrace a growing DevOps mindset and culture
- Manage application/software development to deliver technology prototypes in support of business assessment.
- Build and grow a team of cloud and Full Stack engineers including Data and Cloud engineering to scale our public and private cloud services, applications and operations.
Do you enjoy getting your hands dirty, and still love to code? If you have a Passion for any, all or some of the following technologies including Open Source: Java, Clojure, ReactJS, Python, Scala, HTML5, LAMP STACK, and web development technologies in general, consider joining our team! In this role, one can expect to utilize their passion and commitment towards leveraging Data Engineering, AI and Machine Learning towards cognitive computing; all while embrace a growing DevOps mindset and company culture.
- At least 5 years Software Engineering Experience
- At least 5 years’ management experience
- 7+ years of experience in agile development and methodologies.
- 3+ years of experience building consumer-facing web and mobile software solutions at scale
- 2+ years of experience with rapid prototyping and interface design testing
- 3+ years of experience recruiting top software engineering talent.
- 3+ years of experience in COTS products like Pega, Salesforce, BPM and Workflow automation
- At least 5 years’ experience with object-oriented programming and design, including Java.
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing web applications, architectural standards and Micro Services.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.