Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be. Job Description
The Visa Corporate IT group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We will not follow the 'traditional' IT playbook of simply purchasing off the shelf solutions and stitching them together. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience first, create highly leveraged (and loved) platforms with a heavy emphasis on operational excellence such as ensuring our platforms and services are unbreakable. Where we choose to continue with packaged software we will invent our way around their limitations such as poor UI or scale.
The Revenue and Pricing Systems (RPS) team owns the technology that prices, bills and collects revenue from Visa's clients on a global basis. While we leverage packaged products such as Oracle ORMB we are looking for a builder (software engineering skill set) and an inventor, not just an integrator. The team is working on a major re-platforming effort aimed at increasing scale, enabling self-service and increasing the velocity of innovation.
The candidate will be a leader in Revenue & Pricing Systems team, provide operational excellence on live billing platform and provide support, technical delivery and QA services.
- Lead the operations and quality assurance team for billing platform
- Ensure "operational excellence" capabilities (usability, availability, resilience, security, etc.) are assessed, planned and built into the platform.
- Ensure platform meets security compliance criteria at all times
- Lead compliance and SOX reviews for platform
- Identify and implement opportunities in the platform that will drive improvements in performance, scalability, reliability and re-usability. Continue to drive down technical debt and cost of
- Manage prioritization and delivery of enhancements and bugfixes on platform
- Ensure month end processing is completed as per the established processes and issues are resolved in a timely manner to uphold SLA's and OLA.
- Publish operational metrics for Incidents, requests, change etc
- Ensure process for Incident management, change management and problem management are followed.
- Proactively reduce technical debt by implementing service design and code changes.
- Work Collaboratively with upstream systems support team to ensure manage dependencies and resolve operational issues
- Propose, plan and execute technology sponsored projects for upgrade, technology migration etc
- Release planning and stabilization planning for various project implementations
- Lead quality assurance engineers to plan and deliver various projects for enhancing the platform and meet business requirements
- Identify and deliver on QA automation opportunities and improve throughput of team
- Hire, train, coach and grow a high-performing, cross-functional team.
- Lead delivery of technical projects as a technical project manager(as needed)
- Provide site leadership for resources from adjacent teams as required.
- More than 12 years of relevant experience (e.g., Operational leadership, software development/functional leadership, running multi-functional teams, etc.).
- Experience supportive live applications and managing business critical technical functions and SLA compliance.
- Consistent track record of hiring and managing top talent, including software engineers.
- Demonstrate a wide range of engineering experiences including many of these areas: Oracle technologies (such as ORMB, EBS or Fusion), SQL, Unix, Talend, Security, Performance Scalability, API management, Messaging, Java, J2EE, RDMS systems
- Familiarity with agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles.
- Experience with ITIL, technology transformation
- Infrastructure experience and background is a plus
- Must have working experience building high volume and large scale distributed systems. Billing and/or Payments systems experience is a strong plus.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Technical field or equivalent experience required
- Strong analytical, problem determination and customer relations skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.