Under general direction, leads a team that act as a hands-on leader inside the Data Enabled Business at Johnson Controls.
• Lead and support highly experienced PaaS/SaaS product deployment and maintenance team
• Cloud, IT service and support vendor management experiences
• Maintain SLA s of Data Enabled Business' cloud service and application offerings
• Designing and developing tools and processes to maintain large applications and services at scale.
• Helping our engineers and data scientists build software that scales in terms of performance and stability.
• Ruthlessly identifying and removing system bottlenecks before they ever impact performance.
• Working side by side with on-call engineers to handle emergencies and then running postmortems to ensure they don't happen in the future.
• Establishing best practices inside the organization, proving that they work and then bringing them to other DEB teams and JCI.
• where you can provide the most value.
• Passionate about customer outcomes and support
• Minimum BS or Higher degree in Computer Science, more specifically distributed system design or operating system or similar disciplines
• Ability to articulate technical issues in a concise manner to a global workforce
• Team player, with strong mentoring skills
• 5+ years of experience as a SRE or software engineer
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
• Experts in CI/CD
• Multi-cloud management
• Must be an Expert with Linux/UNIX operating systems
• Languages: Python, C or Java (including the JVM), UNIX shell scripting
• Have built and deployed systems on AWS and/or Azure infrastructure.
• Must have production support experience in a large-scale messaging and data services including MQ, Kafka and other cloud scale ESB messaging.
• Experience with platform benchmarking with respect to technology, economics etc.,
• Experience with deployment tools
• Hand-on in Databases Both RDBMS and NoSQL DB's
• BigData: Hadoop and its eco-system
• Messaging: Kafka, MQ, and other Apache eco-system
• General operation support knowledge with BPMN, ESB and other enterprise integration tools and service
• Networking: Cloud and Datacenter routing, VLANs, VPN
• Experience supporting highly scalable web applications
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.