Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Director of Software License Optimization will be responsible for driving multi-year, software usage & cost optimization programs. The ideal candidate will have:
- Deep knowledge of software vendor contracts and license terms & conditions
- Strong Project Management & communication skills
- Work closely with the IT Asset Management, IT Cost Management teams and Software Product Owners to meet cost, control, compliance, and business objectives
- Education Required: Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related major, MBA or Masters degree preferred
- 5-8 yrs experience in a software audit, software consulting role, MIS, ITFM or ITAM leadership role.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities; strong Project Management skills
- ITIL, CSAM, CISA, and/or CISSP certifications (preferred)
- Knowledge of complex vendor software contracts, licensing terminology, and software licensing rights, especially for major software vendors (IBM, Oracle, CA, Microsoft). Must be able to interpret, analyze, & summarize contracts, and evaluate pricing & licensing proposals.
- Ability to analyze software discovery data and configure/create discovery tools/scripts.
- Proven results in software cost avoidance/savings.
- Keen understanding of budgets, financials, and measuring business value via leading edge metrics
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of VMware Virtual Center, Microsoft SCCM, BDNA Discover, BDNA Normalize, Flexera FlexNet Manager Platform, and Active Directory, as well as Unix/Windows Operating systems and networking.
- Advanced interpersonal skills & ability to work effectively with internal contacts and vendors.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.