As the Director of Software Security, you will focus on leading a multi-national team tasked with finding and fixing vulnerabilities, promoting good security practices, consulting on application security design, and designing security frameworks for use by NetSuite developers. The ideal candidate loves both building and breaking software. You should be able to hold your own with developers and speak their language. This is a job where details matter, and there are a lot of details, including all of web security, mobile security, cloud security and software security. You must be able to tell the difference between a big problem, a minor weakness, and a false positive. You must help developers understand security concepts and security practices. You need to be friendly but uncompromising when it comes to getting security right.
You will report to the VP of Security and Compliance and will be the primary owner for all things application and product security related.
• Manage and build a global team of application security engineers
• Manage and improve our internal security development lifecycle
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders on addressing systemic security issues
• Evangelize security within the development organizations
• Tackle complex application security problems
• Mentor and grow application security personnel
• B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
• 8 years in the field of software security
• 5 years of managing a technical security team
• Advanced expertise with static code analysis and penetration testing tools
• Strong ethics and understanding of ethics in information security
• Capable of working independently
• Excellent people management skills
• Experience leading a distributed team
• Able to read and debug Java code
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Ability to write complex software in multiple languages
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Experience practicing security in a startup/high-paced environment
• Experience leading secure software development classes
• Written your own security tools? Please share a link
• Presented in the past? Let us know!
Work with a world class team to develop, implement, and support cutting edge Oracle technology.
Manages teams supporting and/or implementing multi-functional and/or multi-location projects and/or systems. Defines, documents and manages scope, expectations, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria. Develops and manages an effective risk mitigation strategy for the project(s).
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Successful track record as a manager. Detailed knowledge of technical and business concepts of a number of related applications areas. BA/BS degree preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.