Panasonic's vision of the digital future is driven by the needs and aspirations of our business customers and millions of consumers around the world who use our products every day. We share their dream to live a fuller life by providing ways of working smarter and enjoying the rewards of technological advances. At Panasonic, our success depends on every single employee's contributions - because the more we grow as individuals, the more we grow as a company.
Through its broad range of integrated business technology solutions, Panasonic empowers professionals to do their best work. Customers in government, healthcare, production, education and a wide variety of commercial enterprises, large and small, depend on integrated solutions from Panasonic to reach their full potential, achieve competitive advantage and improve outcomes. The complete suite of Panasonic solutions addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance systems, retail information systems, office productivity solutions, high definition visual conferencing, projectors, professional displays and HD and 3D video 4K Cinema production. As a result of its commitment to R&D, manufacturing and quality control, Panasonic engineers reliable and long-lasting solutions as a partner for continuous improvement. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America (PSCNA), Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America (PNA), the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation.
Currently, PSCNA has an immediate opening available for a Director, Software-Video Technology. CANDIDATE MUST RESIDE OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO HOUSTON ACCOUNTABILITIES: Project Management and Delivery:
- Work with team leads to plan and execute projects, ensuring that the teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, project plans, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that they remain on target to meet those timelines.
- Manage customer Beta Installations and Deployments, working in conjunction with Support division of the Organization.
- Manage the Quality Assurance team by providing guidance for implementation of quality improvement processes to ensure coverage of all scenarios, and ensuring delivery of the product with high quality.
- Function as the gatekeeper for all technology decisions related to the Product, including selection of development tools / technologies, product architecture, deployment infrastructure
- Understand the domain, the existing software system applications, architecture in various areas and layout a vision / roadmap for the product that is in alignment with business needs, both present and future.
- Work as mentor within the organization, help staff resolve problems both technical as well as human resources related, and monitoring individual employees’ performance and taking corrective actions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Responsible for the managing the development budget of the organization, including costs, purchases and expense approvals, ensuring the funding of all activities are planned, tracked and managed thru the end of each
At Panasonic, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. We are looking for those that share our passion. #LI-NR1 Qualifications: Education & Experience :
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or related field. Master's preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of management/ leadership experience in a software development organization required.
- Candidate must have at least 7 years of proven experience working through the design, development, and release-cycle delivering product to market.
- Strong knowledge for video technologies such as image/ audio capture, compression and transmission, encoding/ decoding, GPU, video analytics and familiarity with Real Tine Streaming Protocols.
- Product Management of Commercially sold software, not just software developed for internal use.
- Experience in development for Cloud application and storage
- Candidate should have large / enterprise application development experience
- Experience in software development using Microsoft.Net, Microsoft SQL Server, Linux/C or other web application frameworks.
Other Requirements :
- Strong communication skills in engaging global cross-functional technical teams as well as building/ developing offshore and onsite development teams.
• Open to Traveling to customer and internal locations, both domestic and international.
In addition to an environment that's as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation . Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America .
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.