Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
As the Director, Systems Architect, you will lead a team to manage a variety of projects in the Visa's Digital Wallet Group. This role will, in many instances, introduce new services/technologies into Visa's infrastructure. Applications span a variety of business domains including, but not limited to, ecommerce, mobile technologies, risk analysis, security, offers, and a variety of web-based applications.
Lead System Architect will be a part of Visa's Digital Wallet architecture team and will be reporting to VP of Architecture. On a project-by-project basis, coordinate and manage input from business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and have overall responsibility for the execution of multiple, large-scale technology initiatives. S/he will be accountable to a variety of primary business stakeholders for the quality and success of programs under management.
Play a key role in managing and executing technology solutions that deliver client value and lasting business impact. S/he will ensure that development is highly strategic and focused on maintaining the reliability and functionality that is essential to both internal and external constituents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate team's architectural activities with the other peer architecture teams
- Identify appropriate solutions and/or products and designs that will best prepare the company to meet future business objectives
- Oversee the design of appropriate solution that is based on the business requirements
- Review and approve the design in the form of a conceptual approach which will be used as the basis for sizing and the creation of detailed design artifacts
- Have the team deliver proofs of concept (PoCs) and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs, and solutions as needed
- Work with engineering professionals, architects and others within Visa to ensure that the solution will scale appropriately while ensuring that what is implemented is a cost effective solution
- Manage the creation of detail design and use case documents
- Work with developers and manage them (from a technical perspective) during project construction
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Computer Science or other technology field; Typically requires 15+ years of experience in delivering enterprise-class, mission-critical, commercial, and scalable products, at least 3 of which were in the role of an architect or a lead developer
- Prior management experience is required
- Extensive Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, XML, JSON, REST, SOAP, WS*)
- Extensive Experience programming in Java
- Extensive Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers and Databases (primarily Tomcat, Oracle)
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, team building and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way; ability to influence and develop relationships with key partners
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.