We are seeking an experienced Solutions Architect (SA) to provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership to key partners and customers that are moving workloads onto the Oracle Cloud Platform. The SA will build architectures & provide prescriptive guidance for using Oracle Bare Metal Cloud Services compute, network, storage, identity and access management, Linux and Windows OS, virtualization, containers, database, applications, big data, analytics and application integration.
We are looking for someone passionate and experienced with the following:
- Deep hands-on skills in building, integrating and managing Linux based solution stacks using both scale-up enterprise applications and internet scale cloud architectures
- Driving developer level technical collaboration with partners and customers around application design and systems architecture to solve real world customer problems
- Making partner and customer pilots successful, helping everyone to understand, integrate, and use Oracle Bare Metal Cloud Services
- Desire and ability to write whitepaper deployment guides for popular workloads
- Being a cloud evangelist and change agent, consulting with partners and customers on the Oracle Cloud Platform's unique technical value proposition
- Helping in the successful launch new cloud services and features by working closely with partners, customers, engineering, and sales to drive early technical adoption
- Collaborate with Oracle field sales, partner teams, consulting and technology partners to help drive the use at scale for the Oracle Cloud Platform
- Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes collaborating with partners in on-site visits, understanding partner and customer requirements, proposing well architected solutions and helping our partners deliver those solutions to our mutual customers
- Analyze, design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for consulting and technology partners and customers.
- Work with cloud service owners to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to the Oracle Cloud Platform technology roadmap
- Hands-on technical ability, 5 or more years of experience building Linux based solution stacks for enterprise customers, Windows Server experience a plus
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience required; Computer Science or Math background preferred
- Expertise in implementing Oracle, SAP, Microsoft &/or IBM, solution stacks both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Knowledge of other public cloud services including AWS, Azure, and GCE.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
- Strong customer engagement skills with pre-sales or profession services experience
- Good understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Present technical sessions at Oracle and industry conferences
- Experience in infrastructure and workload automation using scripting
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
Manage a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a Director in the product development division, you will lead a team that defines product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. The ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations is important. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 of software engineering or related experience preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.