Under general administrative direction of the Vice President - Specialty Pharmacy (SP) Solutions, the Director, Specialty Pharmacy Solutions is responsible for implementation of the go-to-market strategy for the Specialty Pharmacy segment within a multi-functional team, manages a high level customer experience for assigned key Specialty Pharmacy segment accounts that results in targeted profitability for AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation (ABDC), drives new business in targeted large/national prospects and consults with Community and Specialty Pharmacy New Business and Customer District in High Value and Small targeted prospects/opportunities. This role requires extensive travel including overnights averaging about 3 nights per week (75% travel). The ideal incumbent will live in the western half of the US. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Implements SP specific segment strategic and tactical sales plans to support corporate goals; utilizes the AmerisourceBergen consultative sales approach of uncovering customer business needs and creating ABC solutions to fit those needs.
- Manages assigned key SP segment accounts to deliver the targeted Gross Profit to ABDC, as well as an excellent customer experience.
- Drives new business with targeted SP segment large/national prospects and consults with the CSP National New Business and District Teams on High Value and Small targeted prospects/opportunities.
- Implements and executes the assigned SP segment specific GPO value proposition and sales strategy; ensures the CSP National New Business and District teams are fully informed.
- Builds and manages relationships with both the CSP National New Business and District sales teams; as well as ensuring strong and productive ongoing relationships with key ABDC functional leadership.
- Consults with assigned and CSP District team SP customers to create profitable business strategies taking into account such factors as customer's vision and goals, current results by category/program and compliance with ABC programs and services.
- Develops and implements strategic/tactical sales and marketing plans to accommodate ABDC business goals within assigned SP segment accounts.
- Determines and executes the SP account specific value proposition and sales strategy; identifies resources; operates as the single point of contact in new strategic opportunities.
- Gathers information, analyzes and develops strategies concerning dynamics that may affect area of responsibility, such as changes in customer ownership, new affiliations, current market share and targets of opportunities for new growth, customers' changing requirements, competitor strengths and weaknesses, and continually communicates these strategies internally using updates to written business plans and ongoing business communication.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, finance, sales, marketing, or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of work experience
- Normally requires a minimum of six (6) years directly related and progressively responsible experience
- Specialty pharmacy sales experience highly preferred
- Strong consultative selling skills
- Experience at building and executing strategic account penetration plans
- Orchestrates organizational resources
- Excellent Organizational & Project Management skills
- Demonstrated value-based sales record
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical distribution with emphasis in specific Specialty Pharmacy segment sales and healthcare trends
- Working knowledge of sales management, sales planning and goal setting, successful strategic and consultative selling techniques, and related information
- Ability to lead large, value-driven pursuits
- Ability to interpret industry trends and competitive information and develop strategies and tactics to respond to changes in the marketplace
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, for the purpose of preparing reports and disseminating information
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to develop and maintain cooperative working and business relationships with others