FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
As Director, Technical SSP Services Operations Manager, you will lead the US team within the Global Markets Business Unit focused on programmatic advertising which includes our self-service and managed service Publishers, as well as Open RTB Buyer Platforms. In this role, you will have to be a natural leader; proactive in moving the needle and always finding a way to get the job done.
You will closely work with our regional Markets Client Services teams based in NY & Paris, our Publisher Managers & Sales Engineers (our Publisher's local contacts), our Tech team based in Montpellier and within the Markets Global Services team (including the DSP Service Operations team, Service Optimization team and Markets analytics team) based in Paris
- Lead the US SSP Service Operations team, ensuring all work is prioritized and executed upon
- Build an excellent understanding of the technology, backend systems, tracking capabilities, supply ecosystem and product infrastructure
- Serve as an internal escalation point on your team for all SSP related tasks
- Manage the 24/7 support workflow, including on-call rotation
- Project manage all SSP integrations with 1st and 3rd party products, ensuring we meet client needs
- Advise to expand upon our current product offerings to bring new features for our US, EU & APAC Client Service teams
- Provide guidance on communication paths for client and technical requests
- Understand and articulate how our SSP Platform works in coordination with our internal products and external partners in order to provide meaningful recommendations
- Learn our clients business needs and ensure that relevant solutions are provided
- Set up advanced, critical and new features for clients
- Ownership of the SSP platform, responsible for regional Client Services training and global level 2 support : checklist / documentation creation, daily education in tickets, emails or other channels, in person training, troubleshooting and more
- Being the technical SSP escalation point of contact forour clients using Zendesk; you will be in direct contact with various stakeholders both for the client and internally to solve SSP issues
- Work as part of the team on the 24/7 support workflow including on call rotation.
- Feeding back into the business on client or service requirements and requests and taking a pro-active role in pushing useful features to our Product team
- Experience: 8-10 years
- Knowledge of Real Time Bidding and/or Yield management required
- Bilingual English
- Committed to delivering results for our clients
- Curious and fast learner
- Effective analytical and organizational abilities
- Eagerness to work in a rapidly changing team environment
- Direct experience with sales house, ad network or SSP, ideally with a background in trafficking or operations
IN ADDITION, WE HIGHLY VALUE INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE:
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Optimistic with a strong sense of humor
- Fluent in an additional EU language
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we're not. We have fun everyday because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that's already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now?
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
A little about us:
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.