Director - State Income Tax,
Location: Denver, CO
The Director for State Income Tax
will be primarily responsible for identifying and evaluating state income tax planning opportunities. This position will also research technical tax issues and legislative changes, analyze the impact to the Company and make appropriate recommendations. Additional responsibilities include managing the preparation and review of multi-state income tax returns as well as state provision for income taxes. Qualified candidate will possess excellent people skills with an ability and willingness to identify areas to assist the team. Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly and accurately analyze state tax information to identify, develop and lead state tax planning opportunities
- Monitor state tax legislation changes and analyze the impact to the Company
- Manage the preparation and review of multi-state income tax returns, estimated payments and extensions
- Manage the preparation and review of the state income tax provision, including FIN 48
- Perform due diligence and analyze the tax implications of mergers and acquisitions
- Research and resolve technical state tax issues
- Support state income tax audits
- Drive process improvements to achieve operational efficiencies
- Strong managerial skills with the ability to manage both internal and external resources effectively.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. CPA and/or Masters in Tax, Juris Doctorate, or equivalent is preferred
- 8 years of relevant tax experience, with heavy emphasis on State and Local Tax
- Strong state and local tax research skill
- Proven experience with tax planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skiils
- High Tech corporate tax experience preferred
As part of Oracle's standard employment process, candidates will undergo a complete background check prior to an offer being extended. These background checks are conducted by a professional third party firm at no charge to the applicant and include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicles records (where required for position).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications:
Manage and coordinate internal and external resources to implement company tax savings strategies. Ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns. Manages a professional staff.
Be an integral partner in Oracle*s business decisions to enhance shareholder value by providing tax-related advice globally to all business units. Develop and implement systems to compile information for various federal, state, local, and international reports. Represent the company on tax matters in government, professional, and industry associations. Performs or directs research; analysis and interpretation of federal, state, and local statutes. Manages and oversees international tax laws and regulations. May be involved with tax implications of mergers and acquisitions.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Maintain current knowledge of all tax laws affecting Oracle. Strong business and tax technical skills needed. Detail oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Ability to work with outside advisors. Experience with computer tax systems. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated leadership and project management skills. Experience in public accounting firm and/or high technology industry. BA/BS in Accounting or Finance. CPA and or MS/MBA tax preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.