Job Location: Cary, NC
This role will be responsible for the delivery of the storage that supports all of the infrastructure and hosting services for applications in the MetLife data centers and field locations. Provides strategic direction and leadership in the research, evaluation, design, engineering and delivery of advanced distributed computing or enterprise computing infrastructures or monitoring solutions capable of fully supporting the various future complex / noncomplex business and operational needs of the enterprise. Interfaces with senior management and manages peers, subordinate staff and vendors in accomplishing these goals. Directly oversee, ensure the direct management of, and provide support for highly technical, cross discipline, geographically diverse teams of seasoned IT professionals providing world class 24x7 Operational Storage and BC/DR support.
- Full people management responsibility, including performance and compensation management, and training & development
- Provide strong leadership and technical direction for both tactical and strategic enterprise critical initiatives; develop and maintain strong partnerships with teams across various organizations and business partners through the enterprise, contribute to ongoing budget planning.
- Ensure ongoing Storage and BC/DR Operational readiness by defining Operational requirements, ensuring performance expectations are met, testing successful recoverability and preparedness, and implementing processes and/or technologies to drive both intake and output efficiencies.
- Develop and implement Operational Metallic SLA aligned metrics to help ensure positive trending, demonstrate the expedient resolution to incidents, and the efficient completion of requests; ensure full and accurate RCA to drive continuous improvement; provide comprehensive reporting of all aforementioned.
- Partner with and assist both internal and external technology and business partners to develop and implement innovative and efficient Operational solutions for complex problems and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of formal training and work experience required.
- 10+ years of direct technical experience providing support for EMC Backup and Storage solutions including, but not limited to, Brocade, Recoverpoint, Timefinder, SRDF and virtualization as well as Avamar, Networker, and DataDomain.
- 10+ years of direct experience working with a large enterprise Data Center, Command Center, or similar environment
- 7+ years’ experience with the planning, evaluation, acquisition, and implementation of EMC Storage and Backup solutions, including demand and resource allocation management
- 7+ years’ experience in the direct management of multi-discipline technical teams In-depth knowledge of software systems, network and operating systems or storage networks and environment, specializing one or more areas including servers, distributed operating systems, storage arrays and networks.
- 5+ years’ experience in the planning, implementation, support and management of Cloud solutions and technologies
Up to 20%
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 40761