Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Director, Strategic Partnerships aligned to Biosense Webster, located in Irvine CA.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Mentor, SEDASYS® and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, Sedation and Reprocessing. The CSS Group is committed to delivering innovative products, solutions and programs to address unmet customer and patient needs around the world. Our customers and the patients they treat are our first priority and these values are reflected in Our Credo
, which guides our daily decisions and actions. Our relentless commitment to Quality and the principles that define us in Our Credo have helped us achieve significant milestones and continues to help us deliver significant growth year after year.
If you want to work with a dynamic team in a fast-paced, challenging and highly collaborative environment focused on delivering market-leading innovations worldwide, we invite you to learn more about the CSS Group and our Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Our therapies touch the lives of millions of patients every year and our robust and innovative pipeline continues to deliver on the promise of impacting even more patient lives. Be part of a growing organization that is focused on providing exciting opportunities for employees to expand their knowledge, skills and experience to help ensure continued career growth and development. Our commitment to developing our leaders is unwavering. Our investment in people, technology, and innovation make us one of the best places to work within one of the most admired corporations in the world.
Biosense Webster is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders and one of the fastest-growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson. Learn more at Biosense Webster at
The Director, Strategic Partnerships is a critical leadership role within Global Strategic Marketing organization and a member of the Marketing Leadership Team. This individual has the responsibility to create key customer strategies supporting the advancement of catheter ablation as an understood and preferred treatment therapy and to promote Biosense Webster’s technologies through peer to peer marketing, making them preferred devices in the treatment of Arrhythmias. A key expectation of this role will be the generation of clinical and economic evidence supporting our portfolio and generated through clinically anchored customer engagement activities. This Director has accountability and oversight in the development of our key customer relationships and will collaborate with global and regional marketing, education, medical science, R&D and clinical affairs to effectively deploy these valuable resources on behalf of Biosense Webster. This individual will be responsible for adhering to all legal, regulatory and HCC policies to include; Advamed, Pharma, ACCME etc.
Key Customer Relationship Mgt -
- Leadership role in the establishment of key customer relationships and engagements required for success and acceleration of BWI leadership position in a changing and more competitive healthcare landscape (healthcare providers, healthcare administrators, industry societies, emerging leaders, KOLs) globally
- Identify, develop and engage with customer advocates exhibiting regional/market influence amongst peer groups and who have the potential to become global thought leaders in EP and Cardiology.
- Lead the Global Scientific Advisory Board, including its membership, establishing impactful agendas that advance our learning and inform our short and long-term strategies. Support regional advisory boards to ensure alignment with strategy and R&D/Portfolio agendas
- Leadership responsibility to create a comprehensive society strategy for Biosense Webster, responsible for establishing relationships with all key societies and establishing plans/roadmaps and enabling connectivity with all critical stakeholders
- Drive customer engagement plans for ALL key global EP meetings (HRS, Orlando AF, EMEA AF symposium etc…)
Evidence Generation & dissemination -
- Develop strategic clinical marketing plans and tactics, leveraging key customer relationships, in order to advance Biosense Webster’s presence as a leader in Electrophysiology and to promote our technologies
- Drive execution of evidence generation plan in the market, both prospective and retrospective, globally and with a prime focus on US, Japan and EMEA as a start
- Helping coordinate selection of sites & on point for follow ups to ensure timely and effective management of information and creating a positive customer experience
- In alignment with GSM, develop clinical messaging, conference and podium plans for effective dissemination of clinical evidence and marketing messages via podium and other communications vehicles at industry conferences
- Collaborate with Global Marketing, Clinical Affairs, Health economics and Medical Affairs to develop publication plan and review of publications
- Develop peer-to-peer enablement tools (including clinical compendiums, case studies, white papers, slide presentations) to effectively deliver clinical messaging and data to targeted audiences.
- Develop internal clinical communications to educate field personnel on new publications (company and competitive) to drive effective discussions with customers.
- Lead or support cross functional teams to cover scientific sessions at major conferences and report key findings in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities to leverage the influence of our Key Opinion Leaders in public forums i.e. both large regional society meetings, digital platforms including; web broadcasts, blogs, YouTube, congresses and education programs
- Identifying key customer insights and educating key BWI partners on the relevance and significance of these insights in managing key relationships, leveraging key relationships, in message design and ultimately in the promotion of Biosense Webster and its solutions
- Assists R&D & GSM in evaluation of early technology concepts & prototyping engaging KOLs in a coordinated fashion
- Leadership responsibility on the Marketing Leadership Team
- Sits in IIS committee, grant committee
- Accountability for developing, tracking and achieving an annual operating budget
- Leadership responsibility for assuring necessary tools, policies and procedures are developed and integrated to support and comply with all legal, regulatory and Health Care Compliance policies to include Advamed, PharMa, ACCME, etc.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
- Responsible for the completion of all required training within required timeframes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience is required
- A minimum of 5 years of Medical Devices and more specifically EP experience is required
- Strong EP clinical acumen with track record of success is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years leadership experience is required
- A minimum of three (3) of which in cross functional management experience and/or direct people management experience is required.
- Experience leading teams and processes / initiatives in a highly matrixed and regulated environment required.
- Ability to participate in cross-functional teams and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, matrixed, geographically diverse and changing environment is required
- Working knowledge of product development, product marketing commercialization process, marketing, and market development principles is required.
- Experience in working closely and managing key industry healthcare leaders, skilled in building strong relationships with these industry influencers is required
- Ability to analyze clinical data and scientific publications, identifying and effectively communicating relevant key takeaways is required
- Strong HCC compliance understanding and discipline is required
- Attention to details and ability to zoom in and out (going from strategy to tactical execution, for example managing contracts, follow ups, logistics associated with meetings)
- Ability to operate in a demanding and fast paced environment with limited resources
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively influence at all levels in the organization.
- Overnight travel may be required up to 50%, including international travel.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)Job Function