McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Director, Strategic Retail Pharmacy Initiatives will have accountability for the development, implementation, and leadership for new programs and services that differentiate McKesson’s distribution business. As part of the Retail Solutions Development team, the Director will play a leading role in creating new products that help retail pharmacies gain access to preferred networks, attract patients to their stores, and expand their services for additional revenue. This position will report directly to the Sr. Director of Retail Solutions Development.
The Director, Strategic Retail Pharmacy Initiatives will be responsible for leading product and program development throughout the entire lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing customer requirements and defining the product and program vision. Many times programs will be incorporated from other areas of McKesson, therefore it requires working very closely with other groups within Pharma and outside Pharma. This position also includes ensuring that the efforts supports US Pharma and McKesson’s overall strategy and goals and communicating initiatives and progress to senior leadership.
- Evaluate retail pharmacy, manufacturer and payor trends and insights to generate new product and program opportunities for the retail pharmacy segment.
- Develop business cases and roadmaps for new product opportunities and lead socialization effort throughout organization to secure prioritization and funding.
- Oversee the commercialization process for the retail segment. Evaluate new product ideas from across the segment, recommend prioritization, and provide guidance for development & launch activities. Refine process as needed.
- Build and leverage cross functional collaborative relationships to achieve shared sales and profit objectives.
- Lead the participation on cross-functional as well as cross-BU teams to execute the product, marketing, and business strategies and roadmaps. Drive accountability for task milestones among the teams.
- Develop and lead implementation of go-to-market plans. Partner with internal groups (Sales Effectiveness, Retail Marketing, Marketing Communications, Health Mart) to execute.
- Build strategic relationships with third parties that drive value for McKesson’s pharmacy customers and serve as primary liaison in these partnerships
- Manage the portfolio of programs’ lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Continual evaluation of program/product penetration and utilization. Develop mechanism to obtain customer feedback and evaluate value of existing and new programs
- Continual evaluation and analysis of evolving market conditions. Make recommendations for revising strategies, roadmaps, and operating plans as needed.
8+ years of product management experience including 5+ years managerial experienceCritical Skills
- Must have experience with in or around Retail Pharmacy and experience with innovation/bringing products or services to market that are well-received by customers.
- Ability to understand market research / customer needs and synthesize that information to create programs and services that deliver quantified value to the retail pharmacy.
- Ability to develop project plans and estimate/allocate resources to meet project objectives in a timely and cost effective manner
- Strong understanding of the economics of a retail pharmacy and the ability to dissect a retail P&L
- Experience facilitating organizational decision making and delivering presentations and communications to executive management
- Previous people management experience
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated success being able to interact with both internal and external parties at the highest level
- High level of maturity, strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and trust, demonstrated success being able to work collaboratively within small teams, and to work independently
- Ability to work with different people across the organization and lead through influence, not necessarily through direct reporting structure
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership and strategic skills with ability to drive both short and long term initiatives
MBA preferred in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent experiencePhysical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.