Microsoft Office is perhaps the most iconic software product ever. Office 365 is at the core of our strategy, and this role will play a vital part in how we evolve and transition our business to the cloud. The productivity space is rapidly evolving, and the device shift coupled with the emergence of new solutions is changing the way consumers and enterprises access, use, and purchase productivity tools.
At Microsoft, we strongly believe we are in the early stages of what productivity software can do to help achieve our mission: Empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This role is an opportunity to shape our product business model transformation as we grow a $30B+ business across the Consumer and Commercial sectors. This will require a strong strategic thinker who can help evolve the Office business in this changing landscape in order to position the business to capitalize and address key trends.
Come and join the newly formed Office Business Planning Strategy team! The team is responsible for defining and helping execute strategic growth opportunities for Microsoft Office (including Office 365).
The Strategy Director will:
• Own business outcomes (including analyses, recommendations and influencing and collaborating on execution)
• Build strong relationships with the Office leadership team and other key stakeholders
• Provide thought leadership on emerging topics and potential areas of growth
• Lead multiple strategic engagements
We believe this is a unique opportunity to apply your analytical, leadership and client engagement skills and help shape the future of Microsoft Office. In the process, you will have a front-row seat to the fascinating shift underway to the Cloud, the constantly evolving productivity landscape and a great launching pad for your career at Microsoft!
• 4-5 years of top-tier management consulting experience (Engagement Manager/Associate Principal level)
• A passion for technology
• Self-starter with strong financial and analytical skills; sound business judgement
• Excellent problem structuring, identification and resolution; strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent cross-functional project management and leadership skills
• Ability to influence cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated track record of success in creating high impact ideas
• Strong attention to detail, a passion for strategic thinking and problem solving, and ability to deliver rich, business insights to drive business decisions BA or BS, MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.