Identify, assess and develop white space growth opportunities for rapidly growing Patterning & Packaging Group business within Applied Materials. Includes identifying inflections, strategic planning, market analysis, product & business model strategies, business reviews and presentations. Key Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction for assessing existing and potential markets. Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of technical and business environments. Develops and articulates strategies to meet business objectives for a segment/functional area.
- Lead execution of processes for strategic planning, market analysis and assessment, quarterly business reviews and related activities. Accountable for the performance and results of cross functional groups within a segment/functional area to integrate products into a coherent portfolio of products focused on the market.
- Has expert knowledge to analyzes market data and identify trends/opportunities, develop strategic direction from market information, and create compelling market analysis and/or strategic review presentations. In depth understanding of competitor businesses.
- Directs and controls the activities of a segment/functional area and selects, develops, and evaluates personnel as needed to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Maps the needs within targeted segment/functional markets and analyzes abstract market segmentations. Determines which segments to actively pursue
- Works with management team to ensure that overall marketing function is effectively meeting the organization's strategic goals for segment/functional area
- Creates segment/functional product strategies that are integrated with AMAT products
- Illustrates the vision and key phases of deliverables for products and/or business modesl for a segment/functional area
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad semiconductor or related industry and commercial awareness to drive business and product strategy, connecting inflections, market trends and strategic decisions.
- Leads through influence management among PPG and other Applied Material's businesses and direct management of subordinate reports; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values. Reporting, Level & Location
Qualifications: Education & Experience
- Reports to VP Strategy and Marketing, Patterning & Packaging Group
- Director or Senior Director
- Santa Clara/Sunnyvale, California, USA
- International travel likely
- Technical Bachelor's Degree (engineering, physics, chemistry)
- MBA or technical graduate degree or equivalent
- 15 Years of Experience in semiconductor, display or related industries with proven track record of identification, assessment and development of white space growth opportunities in new areas
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.