Company DescriptionCommon Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
This newly created position will be responsible for developing and implementing a supplier diversity program and supporting supplier sustainability, it will report to Procurement. This individual will work within Procurement and cross-functionally to lead initiatives, will act as a subject matter expert and represent Visa in relevant third party relationships.
- Develops strategy and manages implementation of supplier diversity and sustainability initiatives
- Designs and manages processes and procedures to effectively manage supplier diversity; including diverse supplier identification and engagement, supplier diversity reporting (Tier 1&2), Tier 2 program management for customers and other necessary programs
- Works closely with category leads and various business partners to integrate supplier diversity into category and cost savings strategies
- Develops and delivers training programs at various levels and cross-functionally to socialize, collaborate, and generate commitment to ongoing initiatives
- Manages all outreach activities including organization relationships, supplier development programs, trade shows, and sponsorships
- Partners with customer teams to merge supplier diversity and sustainability with customer strategy to enable current and generate new revenue streams
- Partners with cross functional groups such as Diversity & Inclusion, Human Resources and Corporate Social Responsibility, at all levels, to implement and advance both the supplier diversity and sustainability initiatives
- Serves as subject matter expert cross functionally, at all levels
- 7+ years of experience in Supplier Management, Sourcing or Procurement
- 5+ years of experience in managing Supplier Diversity and Sustainability initiatives
- Familiarity with Procurement/Sourcing processes and methodology
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Demonstrate an executive presence and communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience developing a Supplier Diversity and Sustainability Program and/or deep experience working within such a function at a major firm
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and to identify new ways to approach old problems
- Ability to identify and pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously and deliver superior results
- Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree in business field preferred
- Professional accreditation in sourcing or supplier diversity a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.