Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area. Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing all materials/ supply chain operations globally Responsible for establishing and ensuring adherence to best practice policies and procedures. Develop, implement and manage best practice material handling in support of shop floor lean manufacturing and lean logistics initiatives.
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring adherence to best practice policies and procedures. Develop, implement and manage best practice material handling in support of shop floor lean manufacturing and lean logistics initiatives.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control.
- Develop, implement, track Materials Management metrics; perform root cause analysis and actions to improve any metric not meeting targeted goal
- Develops strategies to drive efficiency and effectiveness of Warehouse operations including inventory management/ staging and material handling processes, quality, and logistics. Develops operating guidelines, policies, and procedures for inventory and warehousing.
- Monitors overall inventory accuracy for all locations and develops action plans with direct reports to resolve issues and improve processes. Ensures that inventory controls are in place at all locations. Establishes inventory and warehousing performance measures
- Represents materials organization on corporate materials task force teams. Manages department budget, associated costs and resources. Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions. Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Selects, evaluates and manages employees to ensure the efficient operations of the function.
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.