Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we're committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.Key Responsibilities
- Lead a talented Software Engineering organization to deliver innovative, enterprise quality products built on a foundation of architectural and engineering excellence found within the the #1 x86 Server development organization.
- Provide leadership and be a mentor in engineering best practices, including agile development methodologies, server architectures, embedded systems, and design patterns.
- Responsible for ensuring product features, quality, stability and performance are industry best in class. This includes accountability for resource performance and capacity planning.
- Lead the implementation of rigorous engineering excellence process and schedule conformance.
- Detail oriented, responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems for several programs and projects. Demonstrate strong drive for results.
- Communicate status to executive and xLOB teams, translate vision/strategy to staff/technologists. Drive fiscal year functional and business goals for org including budget planning.
- Passionate about the customer experience, providing a great experience for the users (cNPS).
- Hire critical talent. manage, grow and enable talent in org. Create a highly engaged teams (eNPS)
- Participates in and is accountable for cross functional initiatives and collaboration, which may have significant impact on business results. Participates in corporate strategy development through advocacy for programs and projects within their functional area.
- 20 years of relevant work experience leading engineering teams and most of this focused x86/Embedded Enterprise Software Development. At least 8 years of which in a people management roles with proven ability to attract, retain & develop key and diverse talent.
- Define MVP product with excellent global teaming with marketing teams, deliver test automation in collaboration with validation teams, work schedule with program management, factory teams
- Ability to lead multiple simultaneous product development efforts and programs.
- Demonstrated talent development into Sr Manager/Sr Principal engineer positions. Demonstrated team performance turnaround. Demonstrated transformation of team charters, release cycle times
- Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, technical product leadership, and communication skills. High employee engagement survey scores.
- An analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment
- x86/ARM/PC architecture, specific industry knowledge (DMTF Org) and experience in software engineering with enterprise class consoles (ex: OpenManage, HP OneView, Insight Manager, iLO)
- Working knowledge of end-user/customer experience(usability), quality, factory (BTO) processes
- Linux, WinPE, C/C++, Apache, AngularJS, HTML5, Java, Virtual Machines, OpenManage product background
- Experience in an Agile and waterfall development environment
- Experience with source control, Jenkins build, test tools/cases, code coverage automation
- Experience with Open Source, licenses, vendor royalty negotiations
- Bachelor's/MS degree in computer/electrical engineering, computer science, or related discipline. Masters in Business Administration a plus.
- Innovation (Patents authored, other)
- Transitioned programs between worldwide development centers
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package. Benefits
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R93673