Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area. Key Responsibilities
- Manages a systems engineering group responsible for the design, development and implementation of complete engineering programs in accordance with project budgets and release schedules.
- Develops long-range plans and creates general engineering or product specific strategies to reach goals and reviews engineering specifications.
- Anticipates future needs and initiates the development and implementation of new approaches to engineering design and development.
- Provides approval guidelines and leadership to reporting engineering managers in the area of long-term program, strategy, and process design.
- Works with business group management teams to ensure that such programs, strategies, and processes are aligned with the organization's direction.
- Defines performance metrics and reports on the engineering functions' progress against specific goals.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers on engineering issues involving the unit's products
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.