Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be. Job Description
Visa is seeking a Director of Systems Engineering to lead, manage, mentor, and build an extremely talented engineering team to deliver game-changing solutions for our enterprise and customer user base. He/she must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry's best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that we build compelling, customer oriented solutions using an iterative methodology.
Position can office in either Ashburn, VA or Denver, CO
Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering robust systems engineering solutions, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating user-friendly, performant solutions. If this sounds like you, then let's talk! Key responsibilities:
- Provide management-level team support including staffing coordination, coaching, mentoring, recruiting, planning, delivery, quality, vendor relationships, performance metrics, operations, efficiency and other aspects of engineering management
- Building and enhancing positive working relationships with key internal stakeholders. Assess operational opportunities to increase service quality or efficiency. Coordination of resources to drive delivery on commitments.
- Manage multiple work streams, projects, and stakeholders at once
- Developing process and policies to help solidify a fast-moving, predictable delivery schedule
- Meeting with stakeholders to better understand project goals and requirements
- Evaluating and implementing solutions and new technologies for team adoption
- Cultivate a culture of innovation and collaboration within the team
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/computer engineering or related field
- Graduate level education in business management preferred
- 12+ years systems or software engineering experience
- Proven experience architecting and delivering global, large-scale applications; overseeing architecture, development and integration; and aligning complex business problems to appropriate technology solutions.
- Strong hiring and coaching skills possessing the capability to mentor, challenge, and cultivate an extremely talented & growing team
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to drive change and inspire teams, leading by example
- Superior oral and written communication skills and proven experience interfacing with all levels across the company
- High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs; project and program management
- Exceptional customer service orientation, with a deep-rooted drive to deliver best in class user experiences.
- High-level of self-motivation with demonstrated track record of driving results within an agile and dynamic business
- Experience in managing short and long term road maps, capability to predict resource requirements and set appropriate budgets
- Ability to flex between being strategically minded and tactically hands-on to continually put your team in position to execute on critical enterprise objectives
- Experience with deploying COTS (custom off the Shelf) software packages and API integrations
- Data Center Management Experience including ITIL, ServiceNow, DCIM and ticketing workflows preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.