Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Director, Systems Engineering - United States (Remote)
Dell EMC, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. Our Global Compute and Networking organization is looking for a Director, Systems Engineering
. This role is remote
A career as a Director, Systems Engineering is one which is truly exciting, highly dynamic, challenging and very rewarding. This position is a leader of our consultative selling engineers that represents our enterprise products such as PowerEdge, Compellent, Equallogic, Unity and Dell EMC Networking.Role Responsibilities
- Oversees Sales Engineering Managers covering most complex and largest customer opportunities or Specialists deployed on the most complex opportunities
- Provides direction to Sales Engineering and Specialist area through the leadership of managers
- Drives strategic Sales Engineering and/or Specialist plans and pipeline development
- Leads teams technical development and customer knowledge
- Mentors less experienced leaders
- Consults with customers technical senior leadership
- Executes strategies to optimize effectiveness and productivity of sales engineering and specialist resources
Why work with us?
- Expert ability to apply advanced concepts in the technical engineering field to practical business problems
- Expert ability to communicate technical concepts, architectures and designs, program strategies, and tactics clearly
- Expert negotiation skills and the ability to establish mutually beneficial program commitments and expectations with customers
- Expert presentation skills
- Expert level of solutions and technical knowledge. Expert understanding of customer/industry climate
- 14+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 7+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience)
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past of present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us! For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers
Job Family: Sales Engineering
Job ID: R16394
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.