Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Director, Systems Operations - Capital One Investing (Plano, TX)
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s Top 10 banks, offers an unmatched range of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. At Capital One, we dare to dream, disrupt and deliver a better way for our customers, the financial industry and for each other. By combining a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, and a massive customer franchise, we feel that we have amazing combination to achieve our goal! Capital One has developed an exceptional work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds are guided by our two main values, Excellence and Do the Right Thing. They come together to make Capital One a great company, as well as a fantastic place to work.
Capital One Investing is an online brokerage business designed to make investing easy and affordable for everyone. It is a newly formed entity combining our Sharebuilder self-directed brokerage business with our full service Financial Advisory business. The company provides easy-to-use investing tools to help individuals build and manage wealth over the long term. Capital One Investing is one of the nation's largest online self-directed brokerage platforms, offering investment products such as stocks, options, mutual funds, and ETFs.
Focused on being a digitally led, customer-centric Investing business, Capital One Investing seeks to empower customers to become lifelong investors through realistic, long-term planning based on tried-and-true investing principles. Capital One Investing is looking for a Director of Systems Operations to support both COFI Sales and Service and Advisor Connect teams in Plano, TX and Wilmington, DE. This role will be responsible for heading: Avaya, Salesforce CRM, Business Analytics, Workforce Management, Live Chat, and proactively managing the production, quality and efficiency of the telephony administration systems.
- Create a fun, dynamic, high-performing work environment for team.
- Lead 140+ person multi-site COFI Sales and Service division for sixth-largest U.S. online brokerage platform, and Advisor Connect.
- Manage a team of 5-10 direct report associates.
- Serve as member of Senior Leadership Team responsible for driving corporate strategy, culture, and future growth.
- Track, query, and analyze customer and associate statistical data to drive business decisions, compensation, and coaching.
- Develop Workforce Management strategy for 100+ customer facing associates to ensure a best-in-class customer experience across all phone, chat, email, and social media contact channels to 1.5M active customers.
- Deliver real-time, day-to-day solutions that balance short- and long-term departmental goals, while ensuring cross-channel collaboration with Marketing, Communications, Product, Operations and IT, among other key internal partners.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with key internal leaders in order to meet business goals and objectives.
- Forecast department budget requirements and optimize staffing to meet business and customer needs.
- Manage all aspects of sales and service analytics, systems, CRM, workforce management, and live chat customer experience.
- Manage ongoing analysis of call volume forecasting, projections and staffing and related strategic planning for day-to-day and call volume peaks. Develop and drive strategic initiatives to optimize staffing efficiencies for inbound contact center based on call volume and manage flexible scheduling.
- Monitor the contact center suite and Workforce Management systems including systems setup, maintenance, realignment, etc., in an effort to minimize system downtime and mitigate technology issues. Track, address and escalate interrupted work providing reallocation recommendations to leadership. Subject matter expert for contact center strategies, analyze work methods and processes for areas of opportunity, and make long-term workforce strategy and planning model recommendations to drive organizational success.
- Effectively work with team members to set objectives, execute on goals, provide feedback and coaching.
- Responsible for managing direct reports through the performance management process.
- Oversee and monitor the testing of system software upgrades.
- Participate in industry meetings, trainings and other learning opportunities to keep abreast of new innovations and developments in contact center technology.
- Recruit top talent, develop people, restructure and lead teams to exceed targets and deliver consistently.
- Other duties as assigned.
An ideal candidate possesses:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- SQL and Tableau experience
- Currently active FINRA Series 7, 63/65 or 66 and 24 Licenses
- Extensive problem solving, communication and influencing skills
- Strong process management skills and a mindset for continuous improvements to drive efficiency and performance improvements within the end-to-end value stream
- Extensive knowledge of contact center technologies and processes
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in People Management
- At least 5 years experience in Workforce Management
- At least 5 years experience in Process Management
- At least 1 year experience in SQL
- Master’s Degree
- 5 years of experience in Strategy Development
- Business Process Management Certification (BPM)
- Proficient in LEAN Six Sigma or Agile
- Proficient in Tableau
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.