At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. MetLife is #1 within the Life and Health Insurance category on the FORTUNE Magazine "World's Most Admired Companies" survey list. We believe that when your work is right, life works. That is the principle that makes MetLife such an extraordinary place to work.
The Director - Tax position reviews U.S. income tax returns for international entities as well as domestic (federal and state) income tax returns and domestic tax provisions, in order to meet financial reporting and statutory compliance deadlines. This position is responsible for process improvement, developmental assignments, coaching/counseling and day-to-day management of staff. In addition, this position will be involved in federal and state tax audits and will participate in tax projects with management. The position may also lead large or complex projects. Job Location
United States : Missouri : ST. LOUIS Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job Description
- Interprets and implements tax accounting policies and procedures for the organization.
- Directs the process of U.S. income tax compliance for international entities (including 5471s, 8865s, 8858s, etc.).
- Reviews domestic federal, state, and local tax returns.
- Reviews tax provisions and ensures consistency across entities as well as compliance with GAAP, Stat and SOX policies and procedures.
- Directs state and local tax audits to minimize audit adjustments.
- Research and document complex tax issues.
- Utilize software and systems to improve quality of work process and increase efficiency.
- Management of projects.
- Lead and motivate project team members, including influencing performance objectives and expectations for the group.
- Develops, maintains, and leads effective team coaching, training, and feedback.
- 10+ years of income tax experience in a corporation or public accounting firm, with 2+ years of leading people/projects.
- Progress towards CPA or MBA preferred.
- Proficient in using corporate income tax compliance software, OneSource preferred.
- Proficient with GAAP rules regarding accounting for income tax.
- Proficient with Excel and Word.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and initiative in team and independent working environments.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Taxation or an applicable field of expertise. Business Category
Financial Management Group Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 13M
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.