Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
The Director– Tax, Investments & Insurance will review and improve US income tax provision calculations and documentation, and maintain quarterly tax adjustments, tax basis, and deferred tax assets/liabilities for assigned entities and investment portfolios. This position requires a working knowledge of ASC 740, tax accounting for investments and financial products, and will support the Tax Department’s initiatives to develop and enhance automated solutions.
- Develop and maintain Tax subject matter expertise in relevant investment areas such as fixed maturity and equity securities, mortgages, real estate, joint ventures, and derivatives.
- Understand the complex nuances between book and Tax accounting and reporting for assigned Investment areas and entities, present and explain in basic terms.
- Review US income tax provision and projections, ensure documentation is properly maintained.
- Coordinate offshore resources to support functional responsibilities and deadlines.
- Liaise with and defer to others in Tax Department, including Tax counsel, to support tax controversy, transactions, special projects, tax return preparation and review.
- Represent the Tax Department in MetLife’s Strategic Investment Initiatives; support the Tax Department’s plan to further automate Tax accounting.
- Communicate and present results to AVP and Senior Tax Management effectively, using concise summaries and recommendations.
In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or relevant field, Master’s in Taxation preferred
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in one or more of the following key areas:
- Public accounting or consulting firm, working as a Tax dedicated professional
- Corporate Income Tax Accounting for a large public company or financial institution
- Tax Accounting experience and working knowledge of the following industries: Insurance, Banking, Lending, Financial Institution, Private Equity, Hedge Fund, Real Estate, REIT
- Five (5) or more years of experience managing people and projects
- Working knowledge of US GAAP / Tax income tax provision requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or relevant field
- Proficient use of MS Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Experienced use of business intelligence tools such as QlikView, Tableau, or Power BI
FMG - Investment & Insurance Tax
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 28803
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.