At Capital One, Tech is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Director of Tech System Operations at Capital One, you’ll manage a team that’s leading the service operations transformation to a whole new scale, using the latest technology to manage the operations of a massive tech workforce. Whether it is reinventing change management for cloud delivery to finding new insightful data to help drive better performance of our core systems, you will be at the center of our tech universe.
The successful candidate will focus on software process with delivery to the cloud in a regulated, compliance-minded environment.
Key responsibilities and challenges for this executive include:
- Forging new relationships with the executive team and representing the collaborative culture.
- Creating and adopting new best practices for integration with a cloud environment.
- Driving new processes through service management tools to replace legacy processes for software delivery and technology operations towards a model of continuous delivery.
- Examine how software and infrastructure processes adhere to regulatory (SOX, PCI-DSS, etc.) standards throughout the enterprise.
- Take ownership of a new ITSM tool and educate the team on best practices.
- Experience successfully managing large technology teams and desires to coach and mentor
- Ability to evaluate and communicate operational metrics and issues to leadership.
- Demonstrated success leading service management initiatives/transformations
- Understanding of the quality assurance, risk management, and security considerations and their impact on overall technology environment.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle(SDLC).
- Strong process management and problem resolution skills. (Six Sigma/Lean)
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, decide and influence appropriate courses of action.
- Demonstrates strong executive presence and strategic thinking skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military service
- At least 7 years of Tech service operations experience
- At least 3 years’ experience leading a Tech Service Operations team
- At least 5 years’ experience working within the ITIL Frameworks and leading an ITSM tool and/or process team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management, or Engineering
- 5 years’ experience in managing SLAs, OLAs and KPIs via service management tools
- 5 years’ experience managing Tech Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls
- 3 years’ experience handling application cloud transformation as it relates to service delivery
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.