Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area. Key Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction through managers for professional staff that identifies gaps to plans across the field, drives field/technical and customer engagement from a BU perspective and conducts calls with field Technical Directors. Develops and articulates strategies and corrective actions to meet business objectives for a segment / functional area.
- Directs and controls the conversion of technical trends into useful information for BUs, coordination of (TRM) Technical Review workshops and product positioning/ inflections mapping for a segment/functional area.
- Executes alignment plans and tracks business focus on TAM, share, margin between BU and Field
- Has expert understanding of global, technical and market trends and executes a systematic process for capturing competitive intelligence
- Applies expert industry knowledge and commercial awareness to drive penetration / adoption of diverse and complex product strategies with BU, RPM and Field. Identifies customer adoption barriers and drives a plan to overcome [e.g. customer, product, BU]
- Executes the mapping trends, opportunities and threats to roadmap and strategies
- Extensive contact with the field is required. Requires 40-50% travel
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.