Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Can you help bring out a major change in engineering efficiencies across the whole company? Do you want to change how Visa Engineers develop products?
Engineering Fundamentals is going to engineering efficiency in Product Teams by delivering shared, Visa-wide, engineering services, tools and systems. These systems will accelerate creating products featuring the best customer experience with the highest reliability, security, privacy, and support.
A TPM (Technical Product Manager) is accountable for strategy, planning, and execution/delivery. As a leader of engineering fundamentals, you will work in a rapid-paced environment and partner with teams across the company. You will face big challenges and question the status quo. You will change the way engineering is done at Visa with this initiative.
As the TPM Lead, you will need to understand all stages of our product engineering lifecycle across different product teams. Based on the learning you will then work with developer team to develop relevant solutions â€" quick iteration on promising concepts, solution prototyping and development, all the way through successful tools/solutions roll out to other Visa teams. We will take a data driven approach and are passionate about having a culture of learning fast and constantly iterating towards success. You will have the opportunity to wear multiple hats and demonstrate breadth, depth, and leadership. The solutions you help create will have a multiplier effect across all of Visa.
In this role, you will also be evangelizing the Engineering Fundamentals for all development teams at Visa. This includes engaging in technical and functional discussions with all the engineering teams.
Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and able to effectively manage multiple work streams. You should have had experience collecting or analyzing engineering data and using this data to drive business decisions. You should have familiarity with databases, technologies, automation, platforms, and tools especially focused around engineer productivity, whether it be development, QA or operations
The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 10 years of technical product and/or program management experience with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically. The person should be able to lead cross functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding around the SDLC and tools in use across the different product teams and identify areas of inefficiencies
- Understand different developer needs, across both water fall and agile SDLC models, and take ownership of providing solutions and tools that iteratively increase engineering efficiencies
- Explore and innovate new technologies, features, and tools
- Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and deliverables
- Be scrappy and leverage the small team to the fullest to work on multiple parallel solutions and tools
- Technical product management functions including functional specs, roadmap, project management, issue/risk management, and cross-division coordination
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to functional specs, prioritizing, and driving execution using agile methodologies
- Own the roadmap for engineering fundamentals
- Evangelize developer productivity solutions and systems across all the development teams to drive adoption. Adoption numbers would be a key success criterion for this role
- 10 or more years of relevant experience in technical product and program management
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Experience working with different automation suites, developer tools, build systems, CICD, Common Application components, DevOps methodology and deployment solutions
- Experience working on multiple teams with different development models, release cycles, and developer needs
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, with ability to organize and motivate work across multiple team boundaries
- Have a track record of delivering results while dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills at all organizational levels
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence
- Have an open-minded approach to development strategy and approaches
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.