Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area.Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for directing completion of technical support assignments, projects and programs. Ensures correct assignment of engineers to customer and product. Reviews and monitors action plans to close issues to ensure customer satisfaction. For all products globally for a large division.
- Generates multi-product, global report to highlight customer top issues and action plans to close. Influences Engineering to properly prioritize and close customer related design issues to reduce Installation & Warranty cost.
- Resources and supervises multi-function taskforce to address device, performance or yield related issues. This work includes both process, hardware and software redesign efforts.
- Assists Sales & Marketing in responding to Customer specials, RFQs and technical presentations as needed. Ensures that customers are appraised of technical improvements available for the installed base
- Participates in definition of objectives for assigned area; manages program definition, strategies for completion, acquisition of resources and project implantation. Conducts strategic planning for alpha and beta site systems.
- Directs managers, supervisors and teams of employees.
- Responsible for ensuring all managers, supervisors and team members are up to date with required training including safety training, and Technical Development of engineers, supervisors and managers. This will include all performance related activities to facilitate appropriate career growth
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.