Information SystemsJob Description
Amgen is searching for a Technology Strategy and Innovation, Director that will function as a Product Innovation Lead. This Director will work out of our main corporate campus in Thousand Oaks, CA.
- The Product Innovation Lead serves as the critical link between Therapeutic Delivery Innovation (TDI) and product teams. The Director will work closely with Product Teams across the portfolio to understand needs and behaviors along the patient journey.
- The Product Innovation Lead is responsible for driving TDI's and Amgen's portfolio-level view of key issues
Key responsibilities for the Director include:
- Serve as the upfront TDI point-of-contact for the rest of the organization to generate ideas and support problem identification. This can include:
- Run design thinking workshops
- Manage any additional work needed to refine solution hypotheses before they are ready for preliminary assessment
- Manage communication with PTs throughout Stage 1 of the TDI process
- Contribute to development of TDI integrated technology strategy
- Organize and showcase TDI's capabilities and solution opportunities, including:
- Collaboration with product teams to understand updated product strategy, patient journey leakage points, and solution needs (periodically / annually)
- Education of product teams on new applicable technology
Doctorate degree and 4 years of technology, strategy and/or innovation experience
Master's degree and 7 years of technology, strategy and/or innovation experience
Bachelor's degree and 9 years of technology, strategy and/or innovation experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Strong capabilities in project management and problem solving, with a deep understanding of the technology and biopharma sectors
- Well-developed communication and leadership skills, to ensure that assessment teams are staying on track and navigating roadblocks
- Broad familiarity across functional areas, including regulatory, marketing, and clinical
- Deep knowledge of the Amgen organization
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new science's promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people's lives.
Advancing science and helping patients - these dual passions are ingrained in our culture. They drive our work, our values, and everything we do at Amgen. For staff around the world, our mission to serve patients and our commitment to science makes Amgen a place where we can make a positive difference in people's lives while pursuing a challenging and fulfilling career. To foster a setting in which all staff may excel, we support a variety of growth opportunities-from training and education to expanding current job responsibilities. Join Us If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
A little about us:
Amgen values the leadership, skills and passion for serving that veterans exemplify and our constant commitment to hiring the best starts here.