WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?
The Director of Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE) within the Enterprise Quality Assurance (EQA) will lead a Testing Center of Excellence organization focused on Automation as a core component to transform enterprise QA for agile, continuous delivery and DevOps. This role will help enable transformation of QA from an organization that finds defects to preventing defects, delivering higher quality by leveraging right quality engineering technology and tools. This role provides thought leadership that will help to mature our quality engineering practices and toolset in Digital, DevOps, Agile, Automation, Enterprise Data and Analytics, Service virtualization, Service Oriented Architecture ( SOA ), Test Environment management and Test Data management. The Director of TCoE partners with The Hartford's Quality Management Office ( QMO ), enterprise data organization, enterprise architecture, EQA directors, and their lines of business (LOB) groups to provide support for the innovation and automation of development, maintenance, and production support testing components throughout the Software Delivery Testing lifecycle. The role will manage quality engineering resources, processes, tools, technology / ROI evaluation, test data and environments to support maintenance applications as well as development programs and projects. This position develops automation and quality engineering practices, produces findings and recommendations, and reports on automation and quality measures at the project, program and portfolio levels to senior management. Responsibilities Portfolio Management:
Planning & Implementation:
- Accountable for overall resource management of about 50 skilled software automation and emerging technology quality engineers (employee and vendor associates), for the TCoE organization.
- Responsible for issue and risk management across the TCoE delivery.
- Drives costs out of the system by leveraging automation, process efficiency and tools optimization techniques.
- Collaborates with QMO, peer EQA Directors and technical leaders to implement emerging technologies and standards as part of an effective quality engineering strategy which supports new business opportunities.
- Accountable for quality engineering standards relevant to QA Automation, DevOps, Digital, IoT, Agile, Test Environment management, Enterprise data and Test Data Management.
- Develop and analyze benchmark data and develops improvement recommendations. Identifies, defines, designs, and deploys continuous improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate and partner with QMO, EQA directors, vendors in innovation, research, reporting and metrics development, and consistency across all QA deliverables and process implementations.
- Stakeholder management with Enterprise Data Organization and IT teams for improvement and deliverables.
Qualifications: WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Foster a highly collaborative and highly engaged work environment within the team, and between the development and TCoE team members.
- Supports strategy to best leverage people resources (i.e., external sourcing, recruiting, retention, training, and succession planning).
- Emphasize the creation, active management, and reporting of departmental performance metrics.
- Develop and maintain the communication plan and roadmap for the TCoE and quality engineering capability maturity. Ensures that staff, larger EQA organization and customers are informed, and aligns to the initiatives.
- Promote emerging trends in Quality engineering with an emphasis on Digital, Agile, Automation and DevOps.
- Create and sustain best practices, standards and understanding of business processes across IT.
Vendor Management and Governance:
- Develops collaborative vendor relationships and partnerships
- Assists with buy vs. build decisions relative to industry and vendor testing tools.
- Ensures proper vendor governance leveraging QMO, monthly governance meetings, Monthly / Weekly Operational Meetings, and ensuring transparency.
- Helps in establishing and meeting service level agreements (SLAs), operating level agreements (OLAs) to meet organization, IT, and client requirements and expectations.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of client trust and confidence in the team's knowledge of, and concern for, clients' business issues.
- Works with senior leaders and peers to plan and manage work activities.
- Identifies and communic ates Quality Engineering and TCoE value.
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
- Ten or more years of technical and business experience.
- More than five years of demonstrated management experience with and strong abilities in relationship management.
- Requires ability to develop and energize cross-functional quality engineering practices, high-performing work teams, as well as demonstrated ability to influence people across the EQA and IT in collaborative fashion.
- Experience in Automation, quality assurance, quality control, quality engineering, testing lifecycle, software development processes, code quality, methods and tools to improve quality and productivity is required.
- Prior working experience in Application Development, Agile & DevOps delivery model is a required.
- Strong systems development and project lifecycle execution skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage Center of Excellence organizations with significant change programs.
- Experience with working in multi-sourced, offshore delivery centers, and shared services environment.
- Ability to manage and establish vendor relationships and contracts.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and decision making skills.
- Experience with automated test tools (Selenium, Soap UI), agile (Scrum), Service virtualization (CA LISA) and current technologies required (client/server, cloud, web, mobile) is required.
- Excellent knowledge of modern DevOps practices related to software build, test and deploy processes.
- Experience with software security, code quality, performance and load testing.
- Ability to forge and manage relationships across EQA and the IT stakeholder group.
What Else Can You Tell Me?
- Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certificationsBehaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD