Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job DescriptionAbout Workday
Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Financial Management, Payroll, Time Tracking, Procurement, and Employee Expense Management applications to the world's largest organizations. Hundreds of companies, ranging from medium-sized to the Fortune 50, are gaining business value from Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.Director, Total Rewards
We are searching for a Director of Total Rewards to join an exciting and a rapidly growing company in Pleasanton reporting to the VP, Total Rewards. This person will help define, develop and implement global strategic compensation and benefits initiatives to coincide with the Workday vision, culture, and strategic plan. In addition they will provide leadership & expertise in all areas of compensation and benefits at Workday while leading this dynamic team at both hands-on and strategic levels, scaling our programs and experiences. This role will build, mentor and develop the total rewards team to enable team members to deliver quality programs and results. Experience managing multiple competing stakeholder demands in a lightning-fast and ever-changing environment is a must!Responsibilities
- Assist in the creation of the global compensation and benefits strategy and philosophy that drives the development and positioning of competitive compensation and benefits programs
- Assist in the design of the company's global compensation and benefits programs including base pay structures, merit programs, annual incentive, short and long term incentive plans, and health and welfare programs
- Manage and develop a team of analysts that provide client support to all Workday business groups to assist employees and managers in resolving issues and deliver high quality solutions for employees
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with business groups including employees and managers, senior leadership and HR & Legal Partners across the company.
- Provide leadership to support team members assisting them to elevate their capability, performance and level of responsibility
- Establish, build, and maintain strong relationships with leaders across the organization to ensure that all total rewards programs support the organization's strategic objectives, are competitive, cost effective and aligned with the company's performance/talent management processes
- Lead the team through the annual benchmarking cycles to analyze and assess market data, industry trends, and best practices to create market competitive total rewards programs
- Bring thought leadership to defining the employee total rewards value proposition for the future development of programs
- Lead the annual benefits renewal and open enrollment cycles including market analysis, plan design, cost modeling, stakeholder management, communication and system configuration
- Lead the development of the short and long term total rewards budget and planning process in partnership with finance
- Lead the annual and mid-year compensation planning strategy and process
- 8 - 10 years of compensation and benefits leadership experience in a global organization, with emphasis on designing, delivering and implementing total rewards programs
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and develop a superior team and establish clear ownership and definition of success
- Experience in a development role which includes the ability to influence all levels of leadership and drive industry transforming practices
- High proficiency and knowledge set in Microsoft Office, Executive Compensation, HRIS (Workday experience), and M&A due diligence and integration
- Expertise in the system, financial, legal and tax implications of the various global total rewards programs
- Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to analyze information identifying root causes and proposing realistic and practical solutions to address them based on knowledge and understanding of an organization and its operating environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) including the ability to communicate and present complex ideas in a simple way