In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
The Director, Treasury Operations - Cash Management reports directly to the Treasury Operations Leader and is responsible for all Cash Management processes at Brighthouse Financial. This includes developing and managing daily cash positions and cash flow forecasting to facilitate efficient use of Brighthouse Financials short-term excess cash and obtain short-term funding. Other responsibilities include identifying and communicating to internal stakeholders anticipated short-term cash flows, performing cash volatility studies in conjunction with Actuarial and ALM, and developing cash targets by legal entity to support efficient liquidity management.Job Location
United States : North Carolina : CharlotteJob Description
The Director, Treasury Operations - Cash Management is responsible for all aspects of the cash management function to cost-effectively meet short-term cash needs, including providing leadership and direction to facilitate completion of cash management activities in a timely manner while maintaining compliance with relevant policies and regulations.
- Ensure sufficient daily liquidity across all Brighthouse Financial legal entities meet short-term cash needs while maximizing yield on surplus funds and minimizing short-term borrowing costs
- Oversee daily cash positioning activities, including managing daily liquidity, cash position reconciliation, and bank reporting
- Manage interday/intraday credit limits, cash balance bank compensation, and cash credit risk limits
- Assist with initiatives to optimize banking architecture to support corporate and cash management processes
- Manage and improve the cash flow forecasting process
- Collaborate with IT to establish and maintain treasury technology solutions, including required interfaces, to support cash management activities
- Develop appropriate reporting and modeling capabilities required to support short-term and long-term liquidity forecasting needs, including portfolio allocations
- Update senior management on current cash positions and anticipated changes to cash
- Identify and communicate to internal stakeholders anticipated short-term cash flows
- Conduct cash volatility studies in conjunction with Actuarial and ALM
- Develop cash targets by legal entity to support efficient liquidity management
- Support Treasury Operations initiatives
- Perform other related duties as required
- 10+ years of related treasury or finance experience in a public or private company environment with a minimum of 4-5 years leading people and projects
- Strong understanding of cash management concepts, including cash positioning, cash flow forecasting, liquidity management, portfolio allocation, cash volatility analysis, and enabling treasury technology
- Strong ability to integrate cash management imperatives into broader, company-wide strategies
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational, analytical, project management, and communication skills
- High degree of professionalism, sound judgment, and discretion in contacts with management and external organizations
- CCM, CPA, CTP, or MBA
- Proficient in use of financial reporting systems; experience using and/or implementing Treasury Workstation
- Insurance industry experience
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or related field
TreasuryNumber of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 13M