An opportunity to use your scientific knowledge and strategic analysis skill to influence decisions that will have a direct impact on patients' lives!
At AstraZeneca, we have created and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. In addition to developing this pipeline using in-house capabilities, we also partner with a host of biotech companies to leverage new, disruptive technologies. As Director of Tumor Strategy, you will be part of a high performing Commercial Strategy Team that will be responsible for ensuring that the decisions we make with our pipeline assets best position us for maximum return on investment and positive patient outcomes. Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will lead a team of cross functional experts across research, development, and commercial functions to develop and implement robust tumor strategies in order to optimize the development of our portfolio of oncology drugs. You will drive the collection of meaningful, timely, and accurate clinical and commercial data from a wide range of internal and external sources and perform detailed analyses. Your analysis and strategic advice will drive long-term projects across business units from early discovery to the design of clinical trials, and will be the foundation for accurate, concise recommendations to leaders within short timescales.
You will communicate strategies and business metrics to senior leaders throughout AstraZeneca - making a direct and meaningful contribution to AstraZeneca strategy which will impact not only commercial return on investment - but also directly the outcomes of patients.
Your responsibilities will also encompass the provision of market assessments, revenue forecasts and asset valuations for portfolio investment decisions and resource planning, based on market research and competitor analysis. To achieve this, it is critical that you possess strong consultative and communication skills as well as the ability to formulate cohesive strategic arguments and respectfully challenge a group of experts. This requires effective stakeholder and relationship management skills with the ability to interact and build trusted relationships with all levels of employees, including senior leadership.
This role will require some global travel (Medical congress, Advisory boards and key internal meetings).
Candidates with previous post-doctorate experience, a relevant role in industry - or from a large advisory firm or investment banking background with a focus on Pharmaceuticals are encouraged to apply. You must be a critical thinker with experience of identifying and driving key projects and providing researched, verified, relevant information to leaders.ESSENTIALYou will have experience in:
You will be:
- Analysis and fact-based decision-making;
- Working with biotechnology data and/or in a pharmaceutical environment
- Post-graduate qualified in biological, chemical, or pharmacological sciences;
- A critical, innovative thinker with a background in oncology or immunology - clinical / research or investment analysis;
- Of a strategic mindset with high intellectual capability, agility and adaptability;
- Able to influence without authority and establish and maintain credibility with senior audiences;
- Aware of the highly competitive cancer therapeutic marketplace including the many new technologies that are being developed across the industry (Preclinical and Clinical);
- Resourceful, motivated, decisive and proactive; must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-growing organization and be confident working with incomplete data.
- Educated to PhD level and potentially MBA
- Experience of setting up short and long term strategic plans;
- Understanding of clinical data and clinical trial design;
Next Steps - Apply today! To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.