Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Visa Corporate IT group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We will not follow the "traditional" IT playbook of simply purchasing off the shelf solutions and stitching them together. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience first, create highly leveraged (and loved) platforms with a heavy emphasis on operational excellence such as ensuring our platforms and services are unbreakable. Where we choose to continue with packaged software we will invent our way around their limitations such as poor UI or scale. As a member of the End User Technology (EUT) team, the Director of Unified Communications (UC) has a highly visible role in this transformation for two reasons (1) every Visa employee use their services, (2) for Visa, to be successful we need to continue to increase the internal technical talent and our EUT services have to position Visa as an employer of choice.
While this specific role will leverage a number of packaged products such as Microsoft Skype and Cisco Telepresence we are looking for a builder (software engineering skill set) and an inventor not an integrator. This role will own all voice, video, presence, chat on a global basis including Visa TV. Reporting to the VP of End User Technologies, this position will oversee the planning, development, and maintenance of assigned technologies, ensuring maximum performance and availability to users and ensure the best use of the organization's resources by defining and planning an organization's EUT goals. S/He will work with various executives across the enterprise to coordinate UC solutions to meet challenges of technology, regulatory, security, and competitive conditions. S/He will lead a team of 10-15 direct reports. But we want more from this leader than creating highly reliable, scalable services with beautiful UI. We need this leader to use the data to help Visa get better each day. For example, how do we leverage our operational data stores (such as Microsoft Skype) to discover the work patterns of highly effective employees that will drive employee development plans?
Reporting to Visa's VP End User Technology, this role provides senior leadership to drive strategic vision for Visa end user technologies. Develop and execute new initiatives through staff to enable all Visa employees to do their best work every day. Work collaboratively to define and execute business priorities with other functional and technology areas of Visa and senior leaders in various global markets. The ideal candidate should be a highly qualified executive with substantial experience managing and knowledge of network design, configuration, operations, and administration with strong leadership skills. S/he will have relevant management experience within a large, complex managed technology services organization. Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the development and launch of the global unified communications (UC) strategy from concept to delivery with a focus on new technologies particularly open extensible platforms
- Thought leadership to guide the teams to manage the demands from projects and technology upgrades including near term direction for global vendor strategy, technology strategy and global alignment of networks
- Oversee all phases of UC projects including budgeting, planning, implementation, maintenance, administration, construction, staffing and logistics
- Strong people management skills with demonstrated ability to grow and mentor a high performing team
- Drive organizational transformations along dimensions such as deep partnerships and agile collaboration with business, fostering a culture that encourages innovation
- Drive technical architecture and infrastructure planning as well as system hardware and software engineering activities
- Lead development of innovation and strategic direction in application of theories and concepts in end user technologies
- Analyze all assigned services from a cost, capacity, and forecast perspective, and continually evaluate new UC technologies and applications
- Ensure that Information Security and risk management are embedded within the culture requiring continuous improvement to a complex set of functions to coordinate security and compliance risks related to information systems and assets
- Direct the continuous and secure operation, administration and maintenance of the corporate computing and networking infrastructure, including development of Risk Management, Identity/Access Management, Information Security and Privacy, and Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline, required. Graduate degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline preferred
- 15+ years-experience in software/systems engineering, deployment and operations
- Experience building and leading a large end user technology teams through major technology transitions
- Prior experience in driving and leading enterprise technology and cultural transformation programs with purpose and energy to promote unified approach
- Strong technical acumen and should demonstrate the core fundamentals of the latest innovation in the Software Defined Data Center
- Prior experience in Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies
- Hands-on experience in designing and deploying large scale-out technologies
- Great communicator and able to drive consensus across diverse/global technology teams
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.