Job Location: United States : New York : New York
Reporting to the AVP, Brand Digital Marketing Strategy, the Director, Web Strategy is a newly created, strategic US Marketing role. This individual will be responsible for building and executing a US web strategy for the MetLife Brand that integrates fully the customer needs of each BU and drives customer engagement, and modern, intuitive and superior UX and builds the equity of the MetLife brand against key attributes.
- Create the vision and strategy for MetLife’s US web and mobile presence (metlife.com) and related web
marketing business properties: define, design and optimize consistent information architecture and user experience.
- Translate the strategy into a dynamic roadmap that IT/UX organization/agencies will build to design meaningful digital content and experiences.
- Lead with the marketing teams (BU, US and global), cross functional groups (IT, global UX…) and agencies to
execute and champion global user experience best practices.
- Partner closely with the US and global brand teams to ensure verbal and visual brand alignment for all our web marketing.
- Monitor, measure, recommend and implement Web changes to support brand funnel engagement metrics and conversion goals. Create success metrics for the strategy and business impact of its delivery.
- Governance: Document Web strategy, architecture, infrastructure and security processes and policies, and
communicate these with relevant stakeholders.
- Optimization: develop and execute an SEO/SEM strategy based on brand, and business unit objectives.
- 10+ years of brand marketing experience including 5+ years of web strategy, digital and mobile marketing initiatives
- Strategic thinker with demonstrable understanding of all aspects of Web strategy, including but not limited to information architecture, segmentation, insights, user experience, web design, web development, content strategy, search, conversion optimization, analytics
- Specific hands-on knowledge and experience in establishing and managing search optimization strategies (SEO, SEM).
- Proven success of leading web marketing from strategy to implementation for a large brand or portfolio of reputable brands in a complex environment (B2B preferred)
- Ability to inclusively and pro-actively lead, influence and motivate individual contributors across a highly matrix environment
- Accomplished change management leader, leads with internal strength, projects confidence without any form of ego
- Excellent project management skills and commitment to deadlines, processes and policies.
- MBA or other advanced degree desirable.
Global Brand & Marketing
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 41103