Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Visa Innovation Centre consists of a team of design, research, facilitation and technology specialists. We work on exciting projects and co-creations, solving complex problems in collaboration with Visa partners. We combine Design Thinking with innovative approaches to technology to deliver insightful and actionable outcomes and concepts that help define the future of commerce in Latin America.
As Director, Innovation Engagement, you'll be tasked with 'owning the room'! You'll rely on human-centered design principles, facilitation techniques and use insights gathered from in-field research to ideate and generate solutions. You will have methods to provoke thoughts and define opportunities for the problem at hand.
Based out of the Miami Innovation Center, fluency in Spanish is essential and knowledge of Latin and Central America very important. This position will be primarily working with Visa's clients in Latin and Central America, as well as collaboration with other Visa groups.
You'll be involved in the early stages of research from ideation and storyboarding to prototyping and design and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams through the iteration and implementation process for each co-creation.
You will be a natural collaborator, you'll lead co-creation engagements, bringing together client partners, designers, technologists, product stakeholders and subject matter experts and inspire and lead solutioning discussions. Responsibilities
- Take ownership to design and facilitate client and partner co-creation engagements for the Miami Innovation Center, including development of the process, success metrics and activity targets.
- Run Design Thinking workshops that may result in solutioning for mobile, desktop.
- Awareness and excitement for new technology innovations and user experiences, especially in Fintech.
- Build a repeatable and scalable engagement approach, encompassing the understanding of clients' innovation agendas and unique needs for payments in Latin and Central American region.
- Develop robust, proactive pipeline of tangible collaboration/prototyping projects with clients/partners that will drive c-level sponsorship and engagement
- Give compelling design presentations to Executive Leadership and external partners.
- Oversee high quality design delivery for complex concepts and multiple stakeholders.
- Ensure the consumer's experience is understood and advocated in all innovation work.
- Direct and mentor junior staff, and provide guidance and oversight to their work.
- Hire and manage a team of full-stack UX designers.
- Client facing experience with a focus on translating client/partner needs into meaningful problem statements, and driving collaboration outcomes.
- Spoken Spanish and experience working with Latin/Central American companies.
- Strong facilitator and collaborator with executive experience.
- Expert in design thinking methods, prototyping, digital design and user research.
- Familiar with a fast-paced environment, working with stakeholders, designers and developers.
- Possess a strong user-centered point-of-view and proven ability to communicate it.
- 10-15 yrs. experience, preferably working with consultancies and established companies.
- BA/BS in related field required. MS/MFA preferred.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.