Job Location: Cary, NC
The newly created Global Technology’s Vendor Management Organization has been established to provide MetLife with a single point of contact for timely, high-quality and strategic Vendor Management Services. The is responsible for addressing the needs of MetLife IT in a manner that ensures the lowest risk and best possible quality for the cost incurred. The role of Director VMO overseeing the software category will report directly to the head of GT VMO. The Director - VMO Software will design and develop the organization's strategic software vendor management program within the newly created GT VMO. An important aspect of this role is to ensure that IT purchases support the company's business objectives.
- In partnership with key stakeholders, the Director will be responsible for selection of the company's IT product and service providers, and procurement to reduce operational costs; working closely with the IT sublines of business (Enterprise Architecture Development, Regional Application Development, and Enterprise Infrastructure & Architecture); as well as key stakeholders from across the company to determine areas of improvement
- Serve as the VMO contact for Software Vendors such as BMC, CA, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, SAS and VMware (both ELA’s, maintenance renewal optimization and SaaS), managing the relationship and sponsor all meetings excluding daily operational meetings
- Create and maintain a Software Category Plan; analyze current vendor mix, review IT portfolio to make decisions on supplier addition and/or removal, oversee supplier transitions; collaborate with Enterprise Architecture, Global Procurement, and Asset Management in executing the category plan
- Coordinate writing of SLAs with input from SMEs, project teams and Procurement leveraging the VMO SLA data base
- Support definition of performance metrics and reports on performance against SLAs and T&C
- Escalate issues to VMO Lead & IT Leadership and serve as single point of contact to drive them to resolution
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- BS/BA degree required with major in Computer Science or business field preferred
- 8+ years of IT experience in particular in software category planning, large software ELA renewals (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, VMware, CA, BMC, etc.) and software maintenance renewal optimization.
- 3+ years of leadership experience, ideally as line manager with ability to direct & influence work of others (virtual teams, 3rd party resources, direct reports)
- Requires strong analytical ability, consultative, collaboration & communication skills including documentation and presentation delivery; budgeting, cost/benefit analysis
- Broad understanding of business requirements & infrastructure environments, contract management skills
- Knowledge of all aspects of external provider support operations & SLA development & monitoring
- Ability to act as primary interface between external services provider/other IT vendors & client as well as face off to senior executives within Metlife
- Prefer: Project Manager Certification (PMP, Prince2, etc.) and/or Master’s in business or technology related field; experience in insurance or financial services
Group Technology – Enterprise Infrastructure
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 41183