Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The product is currently launched and approved for use in the treatment of advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, melanoma, and Head and Neck Squamous Cell cancer, however additional indications, including Triple Negative Breast (TNBC) and other Cancers are being sought. The position will be based in Upper Gwynedd, PA and will report to the Executive Director, US Marketing.
This position will require outstanding leadership, problem solving, people management, collaboration and strong marketing and product management experience. This experienced marketer's role will be to initiate all US planning work for the launch of our TNBC and future Women's cancer indications to follow. In addition, the Director, Women's cancers/ New Tumors will have responsibility for other emerging tumors that are being explored (specific priorities to be confirmed). He/She will do this in coordination with the global marketing team, and in collaboration with the US tumor leads for other launched indications.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Preparing for the US market introduction of KEYTRUDA in TNBC and future Women's cancer/ New Tumor indications
- Scientific leader mapping and engagement plans
- Lead Advisory Board development and management
- US Medical Education Strategy & Tactical Execution for TNBC and future Women's cancer/ New Tumor indications
- US Medical and HEOR Publication Planning for TNBC and future Women's cancer/ New Tumor indications
- Scientific platform evolution & tactical execution
- US buying process and market segmentation development for pending TNBC and future women's cancer/ New Tumor indications
- Lead development of product launch plans and tactical execution with key internal stakeholders
- Provide input in development of US Label and label negotiations in preparation for FDA submission/approval
- Refined targeting, in light TNBC and future women's cancer/ new tumor indications with consideration of launched indications
- Assessment of field sales promotion needs for TNBC and future Women's cancer/ New Tumor indications to inform sales force size, structure, and customer reach and frequency goals
- Provider engagement strategy and tactical execution
- Organized customer engagement strategy and tactical execution
- Effective cross-functional leadership with proven ability to create brand plans that generate both revenue and operating income
- Work effectively with cross-functional partners and global counterparts
- Successfully navigate the internal and external enviornments and deliver value to our customers
- Provide US commercial input into clinical development program for TNBC and future Women's cancer/ New Tumor indications
- Responsible for maximizing physician acceptance, market penetration, profitability, and uptake of Bladder and future TNBC and future Women's cancer/ New Tumor indications
- Work with Finance and business planning to manage brand forecast for TNBC and future Women's cancer/ New Tumor indications and demand planning for these tumor types
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA
- Minimum of (8) years Pharmaceutical business experience
- Minimum of (4) years brand marketing experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience in Marketplace Assessment, Development of Disease State and Product Strategy, Product Positioning, and Brand Marketing
- Oncology marketing experience
- Strong leadership, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with collaboration, influencing without authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated Strategic thinking
- 2 years of prior leadership experience
- Ability to work within complex organizations and markets and lead sub-teams in support of key marketing strategy areas
- Requires approximately 15-20 % travel, including some weekends.
- Sales and Global Marketing experience
- Product/Indication Launch experience
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement