About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director is responsible for the care given to patients within WSS, day to day departmental operations and productivity. The Director ensures WSS maintains the highest degree of efficiency and safety in providing quality care in all invasive and non-invasive procedures as well as quality improvement, staff competency, inventory control, cost containment, patient satisfaction, staff satisfaction, and physician satisfaction. The Director collaborates and coordinates the efforts of WSS staff to accomplish the mission of Las Palmas Medical Center. The Director leads by example and holds others accountable for adhering to the goals, policies, and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center .
POPULATION SERVED: The WSS Director supervises direct WSS nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, delegates and coordinates treatment plans and the plan of care.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Acute medical/surgical care of diseases and conditions including but not limited to: Surgical, GI, GU, GYN, and oncological conditions.
1. Develops, supervises, and administers adult, geriatric and adolescent services as necessary.
2. Promotes a multidisciplinary coordination of services, such as, nursing, medical, respiratory care, laboratory, pharmaceutical and public relations.
3. Develop, monitor, appraise and analyze budgetary goals and outcomes within the WSS .
4. Administer and appraise Quality Improvement within the services provided.
5. Control processes related to Human Resources; inclusive of hiring, evaluating, terminating, counseling, coaching and development of the staff.
6. Direct and approve the practice of professional nursing and support positions within the services provided to maintain quality patient care through implementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards.
7. Develop, interpret, inspect and review policies and procedures provided.
8. Develop, institute, review and implement disaster preparedness policies and procedures for the organization.
9. Responsible for twenty four-hour problem resolution.
10. Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Registered Nursing License, Registered. BCLS certification required.
Minimum of 3 years experience in Medical/Surgical, and/or Oncology unit with 2 years experience in a supervisory/leadership position preferred.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Reads and writes basic English and Spanish.
Managerial/organizational skills and abilities.
Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds with assistance from staff.
Knowledge of body substance isolation
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patients, families, internal and external partners, managerial and employee needs.
Good communication skills, ability to plan, organize, and supervise assigned personnel. Must have the ability to evaluate, listen, and render judgment with fairness and objectivity. Must be able to coordinate several assignments at one time.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom