W.W. Grainger, Inc. (NYSE: GWW), headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, is an industrial supply company founded in 1927. With 23,000 employees, Grainger partners closely with customers to understand their challenges and provide cost-effective solutions for their maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) needs. The organization is a Fortune 500 Company with greater than $10B in revenue, and is often recognized as one of Fortune Magazine's Most Admired Companies. BASIC FUNCTION:
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Contact Centers, the Director, Workforce Management will be responsible for building, managing and owning workforce management strategy, processes, development and execution of high Customer Service levels while ensuring efficient utilization of resources. Ongoing responsibilities will also focus on long-term operations capacity planning, processes and tool development to optimize our staffing strategy.
This leader will partner with Site Directors (Operations), Director, Strategy, and other cross-functional leaders (Finance, HR, Supply Chain, ES, etc.) to develop staffing strategies that align to the Contact Center and Grainger strategies. This role is characterized by high levels of scope, complexity and independent decision making in a constant changing environment as the Contact Center strategy continue to evolve. This role also provides consultative support for other Grainger businesses such as AGI, Zoro, etc. who leverage the CC resources, processes and systems to support their staff planning needs.
This role will be located in Tempe, AZ.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Work effectively with cross functional leaders such as Operations, Finance, HR, Systems to achieve service, cost and team member objectives through efficient staffing, scheduling, training and communication to enable Site Operations to focus on exceptional customer service.
- Coach and develop by accurately accessing strengths and development needs of employees, giving timely and specific feedback, as well as challenges direct reports to optimize performance. Manages team objectives, training requirements and career development.
- Identify, create and provide reports and analysis to Customer Service Leadership to assist in making informed business decisions. To drive awareness and accountability for key factors impacting service performance.
- Interact with Contact Center and Supply Chain Senior Leadership to articulate operational effectiveness, make problems visible, and challenge with innovative solutions to balance cost and service.
- Investigate, evaluate and help implement Workforce Management tools and Telephony functionality as required. Develop roadmap to leverage technology to advance the WFM capabilities/efficiencies.
- Build an effective team committed to organizational goals; fostering collaboration among team members to address relevant issues. Mobilizing people to take action.
- Develop and execute a WFM strategy that aligns to Grainger, Contact Center and Site Strategies.
- Develop staffing models that drives flexibility to deliver strong service levels and lower cost to service.
- Develop and implement disaster contingency plans for the Contact Center organization.
- Manage Continuous Improvement activities that drive stronger customer experience at lower cost to serve across the end to end customer journey.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent business experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in service center operations
- Minimum 8-10 years experience with Workforce Management process and tools experience (i.e. Aspect, Blue Pumpkin, IEX) and ACD technology (i.e. Avaya, Cisco).
- Strong expertise in in capacity modeling, workforce management tools and operational planning methodologies.
- Proven experience in leading workforce management team in a multi-site contact center structure. Experience in a centralized WFM environment is a plus.
- Must be able to provide clear and concise direction in a rapidly changing environment.
- Expert understanding of conflict management, including negotiations and consensus building
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behaviors, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside the CC and Grainger organizations and leverage influential leadership.
- Possess expert analytical, problem solving and decision making skills. Uses data/analytics to get to root cause/improvement opportunities.
- Understanding of interdependency between the staffing, processes and systems and how they link to high service and lowest total cost.
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potential conflicting priorities.
- Successful track record of leading large teams (~1600+ team members) through change management.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.