Johnson & Johnson International is recruiting for a Director, Worldwide Sustainability reporting to the Senior Director, Sustainability & Engagement to be located in New Brunswick, NJ or any J&J commercial site in the US.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
The Director Worldwide Sustainability will be part of the Enterprise Sustainability team responsible for stewarding a dynamic and authentic, enterprise sustainability strategy, leveraging existing initiatives in the consumer, medical device and pharmaceutical business segments on a broader scale as well as identifying and executing new initiatives that advance the company’s commitment to sustainability working closely with a broad group of internal and external stakeholders. The role will specifically lead the development and execution of enterprise-wide sustainability strategies to meet the needs of Johnson & Johnson’s global customers and identifying opportunities that help unlock the business value of sustainability.
- 50%: Develop and execute a targeted external sustainability engagement plan that will help to position J&J business segments (consumer, medical device and pharmaceutical) as leaders in sustainability to our key customers. Provide leading insights and enable strategic customer sustainability engagements by cultivating external relationships and partnerships with top global customers (hospitals, government and retailers)
- 30% Medical Devices (MD) Lead Sustainability Contact – liaise with the MD commercial and R&D business leadership to align and integrate MD specific interests with the enterprise sustainability strategy. Identify opportunities for sustainability innovation and integration in our products and solutions (e.g., Earthwards, Certified Reprocessing Program etc.)
- 10% Sustainability Communications: Serve as the primary contact for external agencies in development and deployment of customer centric sustainability messaging, communications and toolkits
- 10%: Team development and coaching, Sustainability thought leadership at the intersection of environment and human health
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree is required
- An advanced scientific degree (MS) or MBA is preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience, with 2 years’ direct people/team management is required
- Marketing/sales experience in healthcare required
- Proven experience developing strategic partnerships with retail and hospital customers preferred
- High tolerance for ambiguity in a complex environment. Makes the complex clear and easily understood by others. (highly desirable)
- Demonstrated track record of changing mindsets and behaviors (highly desirable)
- Ability to partner with, push back on and influence senior leaders
- Demonstrate creative breakthrough bigger picture thinking and excellent communications skills
- Strong organizational consulting skills with an ability to generate enthusiasm around new ideas, advice, facilitation, and techniques that get people excited.
- Change agent and business partnership skills, including sensitivity to different cultures and different interests.
- Strong data analytical skills, solid financial skills, proven tracking record on business case development
- Strong international / global experience
- Team building, project management and change management experience
- – external view, “big picture” appreciation and understanding; awareness of multiple industry practices and perspectives
- – ability to think and work quickly and nimbly; bring insights &/or unconventional perspectives; will challenge status quo
- – can adapt to and manage complexity effectively; significant experience in E2E coordination & collaboration
- – strong business acumen; with global and cross-segment experience, when possible
- – change leaders with proven experience with transformative programs; key opinion leaders and respected advisors
- – relentless spotlight on creating value and achieving strategically important business outcomes; track record of execution success
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)Job Function
Environmental Health & Safety
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.