Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for the management of the Program Management Office (PMO), including personnel management. Develops and delivers a PMO that can effectively set standards; provides an overall program management strategy; provides direct program management and consulting, as necessary; builds and maintains organizational knowledge as it relates to the function of managing projects and programs. May direct multiple teams of professionals.
- Executes and oversees PMO processes. Oversees program budgets.
- Develops cross-functional plans, objectives, and strategies. Interprets company goals into functional goals and strategies.
- Provides leadership and management to the Program & Project Management teams. Possesses leadership and professional development, and performance management skills.
- Provides support for corporate budgeting and budget tracking.
- Acts as a PMO point of contact for senior management stakeholders.
- Mentors the organization in PMO practices.
- Recommends and implements corrective action across organizations, as necessary, to improve program performance.
- Responsible for PMO training, collaborates with managers for performance management, and development of PMO teams. Establishes PMO career path.
- Works with other organizations to continuously improve business processes.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in project management methodologies, agile practices, best practices, and industry standards.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
- MS Project, Excel, & PowerPoint guru
- Requires experience in Technical Program Management in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Occasional travel
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer