Director, Agile Practice Leader Agile Center of Excellence Team The Hartford
The Agile Center of Excellence is searching for an Agile Practice Leader with experience in coaching agile guiding principles and practices for scaled Scrum or Kanban delivery methodologies. This role requires experience in the practical execution of the practices, exposure to the creation and/or implementation of the new methodologies for enterprise organizations and hands on experience with technology delivery.
In this role, you will join the Agile Center of Excellence team, which will be creating and driving adoption of the new enterprise practices, processes and tools which are aligned to the our delivery vision. The Agile Practice Leader will be active in driving change from an "end to end" delivery perspective and manage multiple levels of stakeholder engagement for driving increased agility and an environment of continuous delivery and improvement.
Success will be measured through achieving our goals with the behaviors exhibited by practitioners from across the enterprise: Deliver Outcomes, Work as a Team, Build Strong Partnerships, and Strive for Excellence. Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide agile practice leadership, coaching and education to the enterprise technology delivery capabilities for the enablement of effective scrum masters, scrum development teams, product owners, and other enabled scaled roles to ensure successful delivery of continuous business value.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff. Requires solid project management skills and strong ability to multi-task and manage resources in a cross-functional environment. Strong quantitative, analytical and project management skills are required.
- Responsible for leading, managing, and development planning for center of excellence staff.
- Evaluates and provides coaching/feedback on individual and team achievement of objectives.
- Development planning for Agile Center of Excellence
- Manage highly complex, large scale, multi project development teams
- Influence leadership and management teams within our delivery practices, including business and other supporting functional areas which engage with technology teams on adopting agile principles, practices and tools.
- Drive adoption and increasing maturity levels of the new delivery model and agile practices across the enterprise.
- Cultivate a transparent environment that promotes learning, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Stay informed and actively engaged in current and emerging Agile techniques, methods, and strategies.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by engaging with enterprise through speaking, learning forums, blogging, etc.
- Help teams develop and implement practices and metrics that track effective and efficient delivery for continuous improvement.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels business and IT staff to produce outcomes.
- This role could have some travel needs to support engagement with teams at remote office locations or to engage with partners/vendors. This would be on a planned and as needed basis, estimated at 10%. Recurring travel is not expected or required.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- 10 years of experience in managing and directing highly complex, large-scale, multi-project development teams.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience; with experience managing projects from conception to successful implementation
- 3 - 5 years of hands on experience in Agile, AKDAR and DevOps.
- Experience with the implementation and execution of Scrum in an environment where individuals are unfamiliar with the methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor scrum teams on agile practices (processes, tools, artifacts and ceremonies), assisting the team to self-organize, leading the team towards a path of continuous improvement
- Familiarity with quality management, organizational development, and agile principles
- Ability to motivate and inspire team members
- Ability to work across all levels of the organizations and within matrix environments
- Experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Progressive experience in business roles where change management is a vital component, including people, process, and technology change
- Capable of working independently or in a highly collaborative environment; working with and through others
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, and business judgment
- Excellent active listening skills and facilitation skills
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process; experience with ADKAR is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and problem solve
- Good understanding of various reports/metrics and hand-on for tools like Rally
- Excellent presentation and training skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD