Job Location: Tampa, FL or Aurora, IL
Now is an exciting time to be part of MetLife. In this team management and leadership role you will make an impact by leading account management and client service consultant teams for one of six regional market service regions. You will drive quality broker and customer service experiences and will secure profitable revenue through the management of internal customer unit resources.
- Leads and manages a team of account managers, client service associates and sales support associates to ensure high customer satisfaction and profitable persistency. Responsible for process improvement, developmental assignments, coaching/counseling and day to day management.
- Works directly and closely with multiple customers and brokers, developing and executing on account plans and stewardship meetings. Leads all aspects of end to end customer and broker servicing.
- Anticipates operational problems and identifies opportunities for improvement through detailed knowledge of clients' businesses. Identifies and leverages best practices across regions and leads change to continue to develop and deploy improvements to the service model.
- Leads, establishes, encourages and builds strong business relationships with partners, especially Sales, to deepen customer and broker relationships.
- Full people management responsibilities, including hiring, terminations, promotions, performance and compensation management, and training and development. Responsible for process improvement, developmental assignments, coaching/counseling and day to day management.
- Drives accountability of their team by managing and monitoring key metrics and business outcomes across their teams including customer and broker satisfaction, due and unpaid bills and all other operational metrics.
- Partners with internal resources such as actuarial, IT, and claims functions to ensure timely, accurate delivery of services to customers and brokers; manages delivery of services provided by external vendors.
- Partners with colleagues to create profitable case-specific business plans and to identify revenue growth and expense reduction opportunities. Participates in developing proposals, meeting potential clients, and client presentations. Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate customer and broker data on all internal reporting systems.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead, develop and motivate a team
- Demonstrated experience in project management including problem solving, attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness.
- Extensive experience managing complex client accounts and relationships
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant business experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time efficiently in order to meet client deadlines
- Strong understanding of the US economy, industry trends and legal developments impacting the business
- Advanced knowledge of benefit plan administration and contracts
- Self-motivated to learn more about the business and assist team members in personal development.
- Ability to influence and manage organizational change
- Effective Communication, Influencing, Managing Organizational Change, Leadership, Decision Making & Critical Thinking, Managerial Courage, Business Acumen, Producing Results, Relationship Management
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 52562
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.