Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Director - Health Economics & Outcomes Research - LATAM Region, are to:
Who you are
- Lead country-specific Latin American product pricing, reimbursement, health outcomes and advocacy related topics;
- Develop, monitor and coordinate all pricing activities in the regional office such as:
- Support the development of regional price strategies for products already in the market in order to optimize market access or leverage product sales performance;
- Supervise the request for pricing management (Nexavar, Stivarga, Betaferon, Ventavis) and Out of Frame pricing requests for MWB's according to the specific global Pricing and Reimbursement policy and RMACS process;
- Monitor and ensure consistency of Latin American pricing and reimbursement data at global Corporate Price Database, PRAF and PRCF;
- Assist in defining regional launch sequence planning as part of global launch sequence plan and communicating to countries;
- Suggest regional/local pricing strategy based on a literature review;
- Support the implementation of pricing research for the products in the pipeline and propose market entry prices for new drugs (collecting data, calculations and financial analysis);
- Understand and evaluate trends in the pricing environment to anticipate future regional/local organization demands in terms of pricing;
- Guide and accompany during the phases of design, adaptation, develop and implementation, local country teams to deploy HEOR Local Value Dossiers incorporating all clinical and economic data comprised in Global Value Dossiers (GDV's) to ensure successful Country Enlisting Processes;
- Proactively Develop "generic" but adaptive pharma-economics tools in order to guarantee continuous positive and efficient influence on public payers, Key Decision Makers and Decision Influencers;
- Elaborate innovative proposals of contracting: "risk-sharing," "financial-based schemes," pay per performance schemes that could be adopted in the public market/private insurance markets in LATAM;
- Interact with LATAM Head Agencies, Pharma Associations in the region, FIFARMA and PhRMA to understand trends;
- Monitor, influence and shape public healthcare policies in LATAM in full coordination with Country colleagues;
- Work collaboratively with RMACS HEOR/Pricing and Global HEOR/Pricing teams;
- Ensure exchange of best practices across defined basket of countries and provide country support and training in collaboration with RMACS;
- Provide selective supplemental input to RMACS to be included into Global Market Access strategy development.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferred Specialization in Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Epidemiology/Biostatistics, Public Health, Marketing, Business Administration, or Pharmacy;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Health Economics, Health Technology Assessment, or Pricing & Reimbursement at regional or country level;
- In-depth understanding of pharmaceutical products and services, as well as knowledge of Health Systems in the Latin American market (in specific Brazil, Mexico, Colombia and Argentina) as regards to its pricing & reimbursement processes and regulations;
- Familiarity with marketing to health professionals and deep knowledge of the Health Economics Outcomes requirements by HTA's and Payers is essential for developing market access strategies;
- Strong time management, communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to develop and implement innovative solutions;
- Fluency in Spanish and English (both written and verbal); Portuguese as a nice to have language;
- Solid experience drafting value propositions for payors, managing risk share agreements, budget impact models and innovative contracting agreements.
- Experience in launching a pharmaceutical product.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.